“Lovely hotel, crappy service!”

Best Western Plus Apollo International Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Charlestown
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I absolutely love the hotel, but the female at the front desk, was an absolute rude arrogant blonde piece of work. The other front desk lady was absolutely lovely. Helped my partner and I out a lot. Made my stay worth it.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Taylah124
GeneralManagerApollo, General Manager at Best Western Plus Apollo International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Taylah124

Thank you for completing this survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

At the Apollo International we have procedures that we enforce all front desk staff to follow. One of these procedures is to ensure that the hotel secures funds for the accommodation and any extras prior to checking the guests in. This procedure is stated in our terms and conditions allowing our guests the chance to review this prior to booking and staying. As we do not know every guests that arrives at the hotel - I am sure that you would understand why this is required.

For me to understand the full extent of the situation, I ask that you please contact me directly on 02 4943 6733 to discuss exactly your dissatisfaction with this individual, so that I can rectify any issues and ensure a better experience for all future guests.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Apollo International Hotel

Reviewed July 13, 2014

As always Richard and his splendid team looked after us - just like home from home.
Clean spacious rooms, quiet and great room service.
The Babbingtons Resturaunt serves a splended range of quality food.
Try David's special's, they are superb meals well worth it

Room Tip: Ask the Receptionist for their oppinion for ideal room to suit your needs. I have been in them all a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your most recent stay. My team and I are delighted to hear you enjoyed yourself here at the newly extended and refurbished BEST WESTERN PLUS Apollo International Hotel.

Our restaurant "Babbingtons" that you refer to is well renowned and awarded within Newcastle and the team members take great pride in offering an exceptional experience that can't be beaten.

Thank you once again for taking the time to give us such wonderful feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to our wonderful city of Newcastle in the not so distant future.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

When we arrived we were greeted immediately and the service was very good. Clean Room, the air con was a bit old so took a while to warm up the room. Apart from that it was a pleasant overnight stay. My husband had room service and said it was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Apollo International Hotel

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Clean room very good we'll presented a credit to your staff. Parking is plenty and close to your room, food well presented and nicely cooked by the kitchen staff , all areas that I saw was clean and the staff very friendly even the domestic staff we're friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for what what is be best for you and if it can be done in a room location that is best for you.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Albert M
GeneralManagerApollo, General Manager at Best Western Plus Apollo International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you once again for taking the time to give us such wonderful feedback and any future recommendation of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Apollo International and our wonderful city of Newcastle in the not so distant future.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was our first time staying at the Apollo. The reception staff were lovely and would greet us everytime we entered the hotel. We were very impressed by the cleaniness and the size of the rooms. Our room opened up to a balcony with a beautiful view of the bush. I would stay here again and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Stayed in the family room
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank JF0959
GeneralManagerApollo, General Manager at Best Western Plus Apollo International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was the first time we've stayed at the Apollo since the extension and refurb and I was impressed by the room size and decor. The furnishings and finishes are all very modern, yet warm and inviting. The wall seemed a little bare in places though and could have done with some more artwork. I rarely use the shampoo, conditioner and bath gel offered at hotels but I was pleasantly surprised that they had MOR products - a brand I like to buy for gifts - so on this occasion I both used the products and took home the leftovers :)! The buffet breakfast was very good, with the scrambled eggs a standout for being decidedly fluffy and freshly cooked.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Goodstrongarm
GeneralManagerApollo, General Manager at Best Western Plus Apollo International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your most recent stay. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed yourself here at the newly extended and refurbished BEST WESTERN PLUS Apollo International Hotel.

As noted all the amenities used in our rooms are MOR products - when travelling away from home we like our guests to feel pampered and enjoy the little extras that we give away. It is great to hear that this has not gone unnoticed and I will also happily express your appreciation to the chefs and service staff.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We always stay here when visiting or passing though Newcastle. Efficient staff, great location and attractive views overlooking native bush scenery. Plenty of parking and attractive pricing. Well done to all

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Springbeef

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for completing the survey and sharing with all your recent stay at our property.

I will express to all the staff members concerned your appreciation to the service received and the quality of the meal, it is always very encouraging to hear positive feedback like this.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and brand. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 02 4943 6733.

Richard Christie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlestown
Mercure Charlestown
Lake Macquarie Motor Inn
The Esplanade Motel
The Esplanade Motel
#1 of 2 in Warners Bay

Been to Best Western Plus Apollo International Hotel? Share your experiences!