This hotel looked good from the road, and a lot of things about were good, the downsides I found were:
1. a lot of stairs and no lift
2. the main light in my room was out
3. The chair for the desk was broken
4. The shower head kept falling down
And I would have addressed these except the receptionist when I arrived was not too friendly, and being asked to pay in advance put me off having breakfast the following morning and ending up with another account. As a pleasant surprise I found the reception staff in the morning much better - and I would stay here again, would just need nore energy when I arrived.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Apollo International Hotel is a 94 room, recently totally renovated and extended 4.5 star hotel, located 10 minutes south of Newcastle CBD and providing easy access to the city and local beaches. Set against a backdrop of native bush reserve, Apollo International provides quality accommodation, professional personalised service and well appointed modern facilities. Just minutes drive to the heart of Newcastle and 2 hours from Sydney via the F3 expressway. Unmistakable in appearance, the hotel offers arguably the newest, largest and most luxurious guest rooms in Newcastle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Apollo International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Newcastle
- Best Western Plus Apollo International Hotel Greater Newcastle/Charlestown, Australia