“Quite”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Charlestown
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Dominique R, General Manager at Mercure Charlestown, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Reviewed September 15, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Woofie60

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for work and was upgraded when I checked in. The room was not an upgrade...dirty carpet, old furniture, hard bed and curtains that did not close fully.

I even found a dead cockroach on the floor under the air conditioning unit.

I am not a fussy traveller but the room was old and did not really give me any comfort.

The staff were friendly and efficient and the food was great.

Would I stay there again..probably not.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank storm_fan1998
Dominique R, General Manager at Mercure Charlestown, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Storm_fan1998:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Charlestown. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Only one issue, I was accidently charged twice for breakfast, I emailed the management and it was immediately rectified, I would recommend the stay to anyone! the menu was diverse, as a woman I was able to order divine non red meat food, the men on the table next to me seemed happy with their steaks!

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Dominique R, General Manager at Mercure Charlestown, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Innercityali:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Charlestown. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The location was brilliant, 5 minutes either way of Charlestown Square and Kotara Westfields. Room was very clean, beds comfortable, rooms spacious and quiet. Would definitely stay again. I got the room for $105 per night for a queen and one single a bargain.

• Stayed: August 2013
Dominique R, General Manager at Mercure Charlestown, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear DisneyDreamer07:

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Staying just one night whilst visiting friends in the area was almost too short!
I did a walk in booking and found myself in a privilege room. Nespresso machine, pillow menu assortment of teas were all lovely touches.
Room very clean and comfortable. I will definitely be checking in again next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Definitely a privilege room!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Dominique R, General Manager at Mercure Charlestown, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear FBSS43:

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were concerned with some bad reviews on tripadvisor before we went. We were very pleasantly surprised. This hotel is well improved from its Madison days. A table and a light on the balcony would ensure I'd never stay anywhere else when in Newcastle.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Dominique R, General Manager at Mercure Charlestown, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Tanya,

Dear HolidayMum02,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlestown
Best Western Plus Apollo International Hotel
#14 of 25 in Newcastle
The Premier Hotel
The Premier Hotel
#16 of 25 in Newcastle

Been to Mercure Charlestown? Share your experiences!