“Long weekend stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Charlestown
Yass
“Long weekend stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed on a business trip over the June long weekend and were very happy with the location of the hotel and with the cleanliness, service and type of room. We were however very disappointed that we were unable to dine at the hotel of anevening as the dining room is closed on sundays and public holidays - this isn't mentioned in advertising and we wouldn't have stayed there had we been aware of the dining room closure. We are members of Accor Advantage Plus and were unable to utilise our member advantages with regard to dining. In every other respect we were quite happy with this hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dominique R, General Manager at Mercure Charlestown, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear "A trip advisor member,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Charlestown. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I do hope that your treatment in our regional hospital have a positive result and that you are well on the way to get much better. I have noted your disappointment concerning our restaurant operating hours which is publicized on our website and collateral but possibly not visible enough and I will look into that you improved the information flow. I am personally looking forward to your next visit when you will be able I hope, to enjoy our Bistro Blu.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Port Macquarie, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Paid for a king privilege room which was quite large and view was great but the windows were filthy and the carpet dirty. Also the shower had mould spots in the grout. Concierge was not very helpful either. When asked about restaurants in the area he could only promote the in house room service or an RSL down the road. Will not be visiting the mercure Charlestown again.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear AmyK,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Charlestown. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking, as much as we can, the appropriate measures to address the problem(s) and prevent future occurrence.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I travel to Newcastle regularly for work and over the years have tried a number of hotels around town but since staying at the Mercure in Charlestown I haven't stayed anywhere else. Rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious, bathrooms are good and some recently renovated. I haven't tried the facilities but the service is always professional and friendly. It is any easy drive to Charlestown shops and there is always plenty of parking. A great value option for Newcastle.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ms Annabelle

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had a great experience at Mercure Charlestown - thanks to William who did above and beyond! He was friendly and helpful. He gave us a free upgrade to a king sized bed on the top floor and accommodated our needs for extra pillow, towel and quilt. The room was spacious and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay and wanted to thank William again when we checked out but he wasn't on duty. We would stay again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear MetroTree,

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff, and in particular William our Resident Manager, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I do hope that your treatment in our regional hospital have a positive result and that you are well on the way to get much better.

Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Handy to Charlestown Square shopping centre and Lake Macquarie Private Hospital. Good clean accommodation. Beautiful meals in the restaurant at reasonable prices for a city motel. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Angelo0613,

Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel was OK for a quick overnight stay, desperately in need of a makeover though, the bed I had was sagging and not at all comfortable and there was a weird light under the bath in the bathroom.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Talita,

I have personally investigate and have taken the appropriate measure to remedy of light and bed sagging. The hotel IS in the process of being renovated and overtime will be all done to high standard.

Gold Coast, Queensland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

A surprise hotel in the suburbs, clean, very good standard, pleasant happy staff. I had a good sized room which had all I needed. Restaurant was very good value & quality too, pleasant surroundings & staff. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Dear CaptainK49,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlestown
Best Western Plus Apollo International
#1 of 22 in Newcastle
The Premier Hotel
The Premier Hotel
#14 of 22 in Newcastle

Been to Mercure Charlestown? Share your experiences!