So many times you see advertised that a business is dog friendly and when you arrive you discover you are only tolerated , this was not the case here, ronnie our large hairy newf was made to feel very welcome. Dog treats on arrival and we were greeted by ozy, who I would have smuggled home with me if my husband had allowed. We had requested a downstairs room and couldn't complain, it was spacey enough for Ron as well as us and clean and airy. The handy booklet was fab, informing us of walks, and pubs that were dog friendly in the area, thanks for the recommendation for the rose and crown, another lovely dog friendly pub. We had the Saturday evening meal and not only was it delicious but also a jolly affair. Although we had our own tables we all talked and chatted and our hosts also joined us adding to the party atmosphere. Breakfast was also delicious and much needed after an early morning stroll around the village. Although not huge portions each item was delicious and the homemade bread and homemade gooseberry jam was divine ( I could have eaten it all day!!) my husband joined in the talk at the micro brewery whilst the beast and I strolled round the garden and met the chickens. Lovely relaxing time was had by all three of us and I'm especially grateful that when Ron got a bit fractious at being left in the room, he was allowed out to join us. The plumbing as mentioned in previous reviews can be a little noisy but this just added to the character of the place. Very friendly and welcoming and the standard of food and drink supplied was excellent. We will be coming back if only for ozy to teach Ron the napkin trick!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We run the sort of guesthouse that we would want to stay at. That's why we cook good simple food, buy locally and have our own microbrewery. We are relaxed, un-stuffy and welcome dogs. A great place for walking, mountain biking, sightseeing and, above all, relaxing. So, turn off the Blackberry and have a good time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Old Cider House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Cider House Hotel Nether Stowey
- The Old Cider House Nether Stowey, Somerset