“This was my favourite!”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“This was my favourite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Loved the guide, excellent English, loved that the full tour included cellars, processing and tastings. By far my favourite of all of the tours that we did. Also, Billie-cart Salmon goes way over and above the legislation requirements for making champagne, and you can taste the difference.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank ILOVEitalysomuch

Surrey, England
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Billecart Salmon”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

The house and buildings are amazing and the technology that is involved is interesting. This is a far cry from a small champagne house but the guy showing us round knew very little about the process. I felt he found showing us round a bit of a chore.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank skibuff1
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Personal and authentic tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Billecart-Salmon is justly popular in Australia, especially for their rose, and it was a pleasure to have a personal tour with a guide who genuinely loves and knows the champagnes. We were shown through all aspects of production, including the press house, gleaming tanks, barrel room, and cellars, before tasting an exemplary range of champagnes. The special Clos Saint Hilaire vineyard from which their top wine is made is interesting, especially as their horse was in action gently ploughing between the vines; and the gardens are elegant and relaxing.

Mareuil-sur-Ay is less than a 15 minutes drive from Epernay, and worth the effort, as the village is charming, especially if you spend time on the riverbank (maybe with a simple picnic from the nearby boulangerie) before or after a tour a few minutes walk away.

It is refreshing to be able to visit a top level champagne company in a small group, with authentic guidance and insights into the factors which make Billecart-Salmon champagnes so stylish and enjoyable.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Steve_Champagne_fan
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip so far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We are both Billecart Salmon fans, so naturally chose to tour this champagne house, over other more popular tours around the area. We are so pleased that we did. There were just 6 of us on the tour/tasting, which lasted nearly 2hours. Claudia was extremely knowledgable and taught us all alot about the champagne process. The underground cellars were incredible. Took so many photos. The champagne tasting at the end was delicious and reasonably priced - just eur14 for 3 different champagnes. Coming from Australia, the prices were very very cheap too... About a third of the price of what we pay for a bottle at home. So we bought a few to drink, during the rest of our European adventure!

Visited April 2013
6 Thank Andinjon
San Francisco
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Best of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Ever since I discovered Billecart Salmon Rose while visiting Paris many years ago, it has been my absolute favorite champagne. And champagne is my absolute favorite thing to drink, so I think you get the idea of how much I love this product. Anyway, we visit Billecart Salmon every time we visit the area, and always have a great experience here. The tasting room is professional yet intimate, you get to try the latest releases and the staff are well informed and friendly. We have had personal tours where it is literally just the the two of us walking around with Claudia (set up via email in advance). They do have incredibly knowledgable staff - I really think you get to see the real deal here, no massive commercial tourist trap like the big guys in Epernay and Reims, just a real champagne business with staff who care. The premises are a mix of old & new, and the old is very old with great history, in a beautiful little town. Obviously I am passionate about the Billecart product, and maybe these folks see that clearly and respond accordingly, but they have even opened the doors to us when they have been closed during the harvest time in August, when we showed up unannounced. The little town of Mareuil-sur-Ay is really pretty and worth a walk along the river. I buy Billecart in the US, but I go to the champagne house itself to see what's new, and no trip to this region would be complete without a visit. Just wonderful.

Visited May 2012