“Absolutely incredible!”
Review of Festina Lente

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greater Johannesburg
Festina Lente
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

The attention to detail, the level of luxury and the attentiveness of the hosts create an absolutely unforgettable experience. Most enjoyable stay this year. A gem of an establishment in the heart of Sandton!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 17, 2014

You will not want to leave the room when you stay at Festina-Lente - it is very, very beautiful. The rooms all have a different theme and all of them contain large selections of interesting, handpicked items. I would have been prepared to pay double what they are charging - it's that good! Attention to detail, hospitality, beautiful garden, perfect location, etc...

Room Tip: The rooms are all on their website - have a look at the photos.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TVorster
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have just spend 8 nights at Festina Lente which I found on the internet. It proved to be everything one is looking for in accommodation and at a reasonable price.

Enrico was very helpful and friendly as were his staff, the breakfasts knocked me out and made eating until dinner surperfluous.

I would recommend Festina Lente without reservations and I will stay there every time in am in Johannesburg.

Room Tip: There are 3 suites and I am sure they are all equal, very spacey, eclectic furnishings and decorati...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Each and every time I'm privileged enough to enjoy a night in the fantastic Festina Lente, I'm even more impressed...the breathtaking and completely unique decor of each unit was expertly created by the talented Magda van der Vloed...as you walk in you are transported into a world of decadence and luxury...the hosts are second to none, they make you feel right at home...the property is serene and surrounded by lush greens and tall trees. The breakfast is superb and is prepared with love. Overall this is a must if one ever needs accommodation in the Joburg area...

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have stayed in a few places when visiting Johannesburg over the past few years and Festina Lente has topped them all! What a wonderful find. Lovely peaceful and spacious room with everything you need to make your stay comfortable. Enrico is an awesome host and made us feel at home straight away! The breakfast was absolutely delicious... wish we could have stayed longer, but we will DEFINATELY be back!! No more searching for places to stay for us.......

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I first stayed here in August 2012 with my husband - it was a combined business and leisure trip and we had everything we needed. The decor is so classic and the room we stayed in was so comfortable and the touches were very homely and well considered from the books next to beds, to the glass of bubbles on arrival and especially the breakfast brought in on trays each morning.
The location is very central and the actual property is enormous and private. The surroundings are also very peaceful. Henrico is a wonderful host - friendly and hospitable. Whether we travel for business or leisure now - we always stay here. The quality is consistent and the price is very reasonable.
There are occasional power failures due to the load shedding in johannesburg so if you need internet etc, just check with Henrico as they are notified in advance about when the power will be out.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rahle D
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I promised I would return only stay at Festina Lente in Joburg from now on and that's what I did on my last trip. I had a late day at work and yet Henrico was more than happy to wait up until 23:30 to let me in and bring me a glass of dry bubbles: an excellent end to the day.

I had a different suite this time and was just as pleased. The bedsire Ferrero Roche is a particularly nice touch.

Henrico is (self-confessed) not the greatest chef and the absence of his wife (she was on a business trip for the night) was felt at breakfast but the meal did the job.

Yup, I'll stay here a third time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business