This was a stopover on our way back from the south. I just happens to be the right distance to break our journey but as we don't drink alcohol the Champagne area is pretty hopeless. We do love the Mont Aime viewpoint and as photographers love to return this hill whenever we pass by. But we will not stop here again. I asked for easy access and a shower for mobility problems and on arrival was shown to a first floor room with a bath! There is a lift but it is still a long trail from reception. The receptionist agreed to find me another room while we parked the car. As the car was full of luggage we didn't want to use the public car park at the side so had to find our way to the edge of the village and then wend our way through to the rear car park. She had found us a ground floor room right by the back door which was a big improvement until we found that the shower was broken and you had to hold the head! The menu gourmand was excellent for me but as my husband is dairy intolerant it was very ordinary for him as everything was served without sauce! This is the first time in over 10 years that chef has been unable to provide a different sauce for my husband! Not impressive in a quality hotel, a much cheaper restaurant the previous night had no problem providing an alternative. But we felt it was the waitress rather than the chef that was the problem, she just wouldn't be told to ask chef just repeated that it would be sans sauce! Another waitress then turns up with a bon mouche which was full of cream! She did take it away when asked and returned eventually with an alternative. But the overall experience is not one we will repeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of the Champenois vineyard, a charming hostelery in a delightful little village, at the foot in the Mont Aime.Christine et Jean Sciancalepore offer cosiness and comfort allied to good food : 43 pretty rooms overlooking the terrases or gardens, an elegant dining-room decorated with floxers end its Atrium, original recipes, continental breakfast served in an attrative setting by the edge of the swimming-pool, sauna... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hostellerie du Mont-Aime reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostellerie Du Mont-Aime Hotel Bergeres-Les-Vertus
- Hostellerie Du Mont-Aime France/Bergeres-Les-Vertus