(I should preface this with the fact that my boyfriend and I visited in November using a Groupon, which offered an off-season discount on the room and dinner. So, I felt that our stay was an exceptional value given the price, but I'm not sure if i would feel the same if visiting during summer and paying face value.)
The service was impeccable, professional, and welcoming. We were greeted by a polite girl with a warm smile who gave us the tour of the chateau while a man brought our luggage to the room. Our room was very clean and nicely decorated, with a view overlooking the gardens. We stayed in room 4, a deluxe chambre on the first floor of the chateau. I know that they have junior suites with terraces located in the old stables outside, which looked beautiful when we walked by. Our room had a comfortable bed, very clean bathroom with a rainfall shower head and separate huge bathtub, and Hermes bath products. After a few minutes, they brought up a nice bottle of champagne and cakes. Yum! My favorite part - the chateau grounds. They are absolutely stunning, especially in the early morning before the fog lifts. My pictures look fake!
Dinner was served in the conservatory and was delicious - especially desserts. Again - wonderful service by the staff! The wine menu is the size of the Gutenberg bible with a huge selection. They had a couple bottles to choose within our budget (under 100 Euro for a bottle) which I appreciated. Breakfast was fresh and tasty, but somewhat basic - I wished they served eggs. Even budget-friendly hotels like Novotel that I've stayed in had hard boiled or poached eggs with the buffet.
Upon checkout which was quick and friendly, they gave us bottled water and the best oatmeal cookies I have ever tasted. We spent a fantastic, romantic weekend at Chateau de Courcelles!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant 17th-century Château, set amongst manicured gardens, offers guests fine dining and an outdoor swimming pool. It is located in the village of Courcelles-sur-Vesle, in the heart of the Picardy region, a 30-minutes drive from Reims. With high ceilings and ornate furnishings, guest rooms offer views of the surrounding gardens. Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi access and complimentary toiletries in the en suite bathroom. A French fine dining experience can be enjoyed in the historic dining room with wooden beams, or in the conservatory with views of the gardens. Château de Courcelles boasts a wine cellar with 1000 wine references, as well as 250 types of champagne. There is also a tennis court on site and an option of 3 jogging routes within the chateau's gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Chateau de Courcelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Courcelles Hotel Courcelles-Sur-Vesle
- Chateau De Courcelles Sur Vesles