“Peace and Tranquility”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Trizay
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Peace and Tranquility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Shhh!! I do not want to rate this lovely hotel too highly as like a previous reviewer I would rather keep it a secret, but I have to. This was our 2nd hotel out of 3 that we stayed on our recent holiday in France. We stayed here for 3 nights and our only regret was that it was a pity we hadn't forgone the final hotel, and stayed put here. First of all I would point out that I am extremely critical and am hard to please so for me to leave this sort of review is a first.

There are only 16 rooms, and ours was in the new block of 8. From the outside this new block is not as attractive as the original block, but once inside our room the first thing you saw was the fantastic view of the lake (which all the rooms have). It was spacious, very clean and very nicely but plainly decorated with plenty of wardrobe and drawer space. We had a large wet room with a his and hers sink complete with very modern taps, and it appeared that no expense had been spared. We were on the ground floor and outside the patio doors was a little undercover sitting area with table and chairs and then in front was a patio area complete with 2 sun loungers. My only small issue was for some reason I didn't find the bed very comfortable.

The pool was lovely, again overlooking the lake and at one end some quality all weather rattan furniture, which gave it a very Mediterranean look and the whole look and feel of the place oozed quality.

The restaurant was superb, again with each table having a view of the lake. It was tastefully decorated and the food did not disappoint, and was beautifully presented and served and of very good value. I have to say that the pork I had one night, was the best piece of pork that I have ever tasted, and that is saying something.

The staff were all very friendly and accommodating, and at this hotel you do get personal service.

We never go back to any hotel again, but out of all the hotels we have stayed in all over the World, this is one we would want to visit again. If you want peace and tranquility with personal service and a super restaurant, then this super family run hotel would be hard to beat and why it is only rated a 3 star is hard to believe. What more can I say about this little gem and apart from the mattress on the bed, I wouldn't change a thing.

Room Tip: All 16 rooms have a view of the lake, but the 8 on the ground floor do have their own sun loungers...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
County Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

When my husband and I arrived here, our only regret was that we were staying for only one night. The hotel is in a serene location by a lake, with an outdoor pool and indoor jacuzzi. The rooms are updated, airy, spacious, clean and tastefully decorated, with nice amenities and a rain shower. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and it was the best night of sleep I had during our week long trip. Oh, and parking was included. Definitely hoping to return!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Gerde, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our first visit to this hotel was a couple of weeks ago. We had a very stylish newly decorated room which looked out on the lake (although being December we couldn't actually see anything!). We ate in the restaurant and had an excellent meal at 30 euros - each dish was carefully thought out an well balanced with the taste of each item being well defined. The staff were all very friendly and professional. We shall certainly go again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jonathan B
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Beautiful setting overlooking lake. Lovely rooms, warm pool, brilliant restaurant overlooking the lake with outside terrace. Charming staff! Dogs welcome which is marvellous. Couldn't fault this hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms excellent
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have stayed here on several occasions and every aspect of the hotel gets better every time. The restaurant is very pleasant with a good view over the lake and the cooking even better on every visit. Everybody is so friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank michaelj477
Taillant, Poitou-Charentes, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I did not stay at the hotel but dined in the restaurant one evening in late August 2012 to celebrate her birthday, The restaurant overlooks a small but beautifully formed lake which we walked around before we sat down for our meal. We chose to eat from the 55 euro menu and the 29 euro menu, sharing the various courses between us. For our main course, my wife had the roast pigeon and I had the lamb shoulder, both were simply outstanding, beautifully balanced flavours and very very tasty. Indeed every course, including the various amuse-bouche that we were given between courses, was cooked to the same high standard and the whole meal was an absolute delight. Having eaten in a 3 Michelin star restaurant in Paris, I believe this restaurant deserves at least one Michelin star for the food alone. The waiter service was good but we were disappointed that they had run out of the local Charentais wine we had ordered.(and which the waitress had recommended!) - having said that, the substitute Charentais wine was very good too, an excellent accompaniment to our meal. They had also run out of the 'creme d'abricot' flavouring for my wife's kir aperitif. If it wasn't for these minor supply glitches, I would have certainly awarded this restaurant a 5 star rating, Nevertheless I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a fine dining experience in a lovely and peaceful setting.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night - wish it was more! Great location, all rooms overlook the lake - lovely entrance, staff very professional friendly and attentive - nothing is a problem, we were totally spoiled rotten! Room really big, gorgeous outlook from the patio doors & balcony, nice bathroom & bed. Restaurant meal was around 100Euros for 2 of us but excellent quality...soooo peaceful & relaxing,the pool was perfect - we'll be backl soon i hope!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarahlovesthesun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trizay
Grand Hotel Des Bains
Hotel La Fayette
Hotel La Fayette
#5 of 11 in Rochefort
Ibis Styles Marennes Oleron

Been to Hotel Les Jardins du Lac? Share your experiences!