All reviewsthe reservehard worklife changing experienceafrican bushamazing experiencetwo monthswonderful placemakes you feelstayed longerwild animalslearning experienceexciting thingsfeel at homefood chaina lot of funbeautiful settingcommunal atmosphere
Reviewed September 30, 2017

I think there are not enough words to thank you both for these three months, My project on hyaenas has been very enriching and I think this is one of the projects that have me most passionate in my little life. It is incredible because you pass on your passions and we become passionate. I never thought I would learn so many birds in three months or learn to recognize the tracks of animals or participate in the reintroduction of a cheetah or put camera traps to identify hyaenas. No words in English, or French, are enough to say how much I thank you for this adventure in the bush.
I know sometimes it was not evident to talk with me because I do not speak English well but I promise you that when I come back I will speak much better because I want to come back quickly. Thank you for your smiles and for everyday motivation. I wonder how you can always be so also waking up every day! Very often we are afraid of the unknown and today I am afraid to go back home. Again and again thank you Katie & Ed. I would quickly send you news. I cannot say how much I thank you. See you and keep going because I have loved every day going to Askari."

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

This place is truly awesome, a great experience and I would highly recommend. It offers you a true bush experience, its very educational and a lot of fun. It's very special to share time with people who are so passionate in what they do and to be apart of a great project. Thanks Katie & Ed you rock!!!!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

We have travelled continuously for the past two years and before that on many trips.
Because of this I feel like we are in a good position to say that this program is absolutely awesome.
I can go on writing alot about this place but am not going to ruin the surprise and the life changing experience.
Please just go ahead and book, if I could give this 10 stars out of a possible 5 then I would....

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

I am honoured to have volunteered for 6 life changing weeks at Askari, which is amongst the best experiences of my life. I felt that I was making a contribution in a place of integrity where conserving wilderness and all that it encompasses is the most important goal. The programme was well balanced with a wide range of activities, and always fun. I learned a great deal about many subjects, often thought provoking, and not least about myself.
I found the staff to be inspirational. Their passion, their infectious joy, their belief in what they are doing, their involvement and working alongside the volunteers, their patience and tireless willingness to explain, teach, discuss and answer any question was exemplary.
I highly recommend Askari and intend returning to this little slice of heaven in the hopefully not too distant future.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2017

I stayed with Askari back in 2008 (TripAdvisor will only allow me to go back to 2016). It was an amazing experience and I got to see so many animals. I got the chance to visit Kruger National Park which isn't too far away. The other volunteers and staff were welcoming also.

Askari is a vast wilderness reserve committed to providing an ethical volunteering experience and a safe habitat for many animals in need of conservation. I highly recommend volunteering with Askari if you get the chance.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled solo