My friends and I decided to go to this place, since we're running out of time. (My friend had to leave the Philippines in a week)
So without reading the reviews about this place, we went there.
ROOM: Our room is neat. The aircondition is OLD and leaking water. Quite disturbing when we sleep. You can't adjust the temperature, because the controller is with the receptionist. PLUS there's no phone inside the room. So you have to go down to contact the staff which is tiring since our room was on the second floor.
AMBIENCE: The place is simple. It has a 6ft-deep pool. A jacuzzi that is open only at night. The water is warm and clear. Although its small. You still get to somehow..unwind. :)
BEACH: I'm not a beach person, I don't really like beaches with black sands or rocky-ish. Well, Calatagan has BLACK sands. ugh..
Anyway, their beach is not well-maintained. It is dirty because of plastic cups, candy wrappers and stuff. At morning, There's NO SHORELINE. But the fishermen told us that the water will subside at night. Its true! We get to walk far from the resort.
STAFF: The staffs are Okay. They don't smile to the guests.
FOOD: Our breakfast was only good for two. If you go in group, better bring some food. Breakfast is good. :)
Their Pizza is expensive and under cook. Terrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing South China Sea, Lago de Oro Beach Club is located in Balibago, in the town of Calatagan, Batangas, a two-hour drive from Manila. The first cable wakeboarding park in the Philippines, the resort treats guests to nonstop adventures. The beachfront resort offers accommodations furnished with cable television, refrigerator, and mini-bar. They also have a balcony/ deck to spur your mood for relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Lago de Oro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lago De Oro Beach Club And Restaurant
- Lago De Oro Beach Club & Restaurant Hotel Calatagan
- Lago De Oro Hotel Calatagan, Batangas