“Nice place to get away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calatagan
Banak House Calatagan
Ranked #4 of 6 Calatagan B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Stayed with family for 4 nights. Kids had a great time walking the shores. There's a small reef in the shallow waters on the beach front that is a good snorkeling spot for kids during high tide as water disappears completely during low tide. Take a boat ride to explore more snorkeling spots up to the coral shores. Sunset was awesome, picture-perfect. Hike to the light house for more photo ops. The house is really amusing with all the artifacts and antiquities.However, considering the salty water supply, the place could improve their water and plumbing system as the toilets hardly flushes and the shower tends to flood which is very inconvenient. Adding to the inconvenience was the daily brownout during most of the day during our stay. Another point is that there is a beehive below the dining area. There was a huge number of bees(putakti) that appeared one afternoon coming out from the rock base of the dining area. This could cause harm to guests if not taken care of immediately. The beach front could also use a regular clean-up of dried sea grass. This could improve the appearance of the beach in the morning while the tide is still high. In general, the family had a wonderful time and enjoyed our stay. The caretaker was very hospitable and welcoming. Thank you for accommodating us during the week.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank leinadxb

Reviewed April 11, 2011

Going to the Banak House with the company of close friends for the weekend equates to a peaceful chill, recoup and relax weekend. This is the second time I've been there and it still is as well-maintained as the last time i was there a few years back. If you're looking for quiet summers, getting together by a bonfire, and staying over at a house with an artsy, rustic, homey feel to it (which kind of reminds me of a modern-day Swiss Family Robinson house), this should be your destination. Gather a couple of closest friends or relatives and go back to your roots. Forget your laptops and leave them back. If the point of your weekend is to get away from the usual day-in and day-out city grind, breathe some fresh air, snorkel, and disengage yourself from citylife, this is the perfect escape. We, of course, being the outdoors-ey people that we are, came equipped with our own speakers and iPods, hotdogs on sticks, burgers, beach food (which we grilled in the outdoor kitchen), drinks and wine, and board games. The Banak House just doesn't fail. Oh and if you plan to walk out on the shore, make sure you bring booties with you. It's pretty rocky out there.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank travel2bugs
Reviewed March 13, 2011

if you're going there to relax, marvel at the sunset, walk along the shoreline, take pictures, hang out and drink around the bonfire then this really is the place for you!

We had such a great time here and the long travel time is so worth it.

You can check the other details here:

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank Pinay_Commuter
BEACHAHOLIC2009, Manager at Banak House Calatagan, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind review. I enjoyed reading that you and your group "Got it." Got it,in that Banak House is rustic and intimate, distant but when you get there, worth it. I only wish that I could have made the tide come in by noon at that time; swimming the reefs in the Calatagan sanctuary is worth a few idyllic hours as well.

Your friend, Chickay's pictures were great. They make it seem as is the memories of your beach trip were already a very fondly remembered distant memory.

I wish I could make it there myself more often, but seeing the way that life sometimes keeps us away from the places we love, I was honored to read that my family was given the chance to share the house with people like yourselves.

Thanks.

Reviewed February 6, 2011

Ever since I was young, my family and I would spend my birthday at Banak House, Calatagan. As a tradition, I spent my 18th there and that would probably be the best experience ever. There have always been tons of fun things to do at Banak House.

My family, friends, and I had such a great time enjoying the beach privately. Yes, we had the whole beach to ourselves and that's quite seldom nowadays. At Banak House, you could practically sleep anywhere!

It's really a place to spend good quality time with people close to you. We always leave Banak House with smiles on our faces. I'm grateful to have known this place and it is a great pleasure to have it as a part of my life. Can't wait to come back and visit Banak House this summer to celebrate my birthday again. Another adventure awaits!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank HestiaFlutters
Reviewed July 27, 2010

If you’re looking for Peace, Tranquility, Relaxation and a place to spend some quality time with your family you need to look no further. Banak House is the place to be. Those who are looking for more than just laying on the beach there are lots of activities you can partake in. Snorkeling is the favorite of the whole family with many hard and soft corals along with colorful fish that can be seen in crystal clear water right in front of the house. There's a small part of the beach close by that's white sand perfect for small kids to swim.

The staff was very gracious and helpful especially Marco who gave great service. We had great communication with no phone contact and reservation was done via email. We requested to set up a bonfire and it was absolutely fantastic. We brought our sound dock Ipod and the music playing was a great touch to set the mood with a glass of wine (or two).
This was our first time, and I am going to make attempts to come here again whenever I visit the Philippines. We recommend this place highly!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank Zenyattasulki
Reviewed July 13, 2009

The house is wonderful, comfortable, and charming, and the staff were efficient and made us feel very welcome. This is a wonderful place to stay and simply relax and enjoy the beach, the lovely views of the mountains, or take long walks. We'd go back again and again!

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank jaguarthai
Reviewed June 29, 2009

great beds, the location is paradise and i will keep coming back

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank FlorenceFlashback
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calatagan
Coral Beach Club
#3 of 5 in Calatagan
Lago de Oro Hotel
Lago de Oro Hotel
#1 of 6 in Calatagan

Been to Banak House Calatagan? Share your experiences!