“Stilts stay march 14 2012 .. Thanks”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calatagan
Stilts Calatagan Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Calatagan
Reviewed April 14, 2012

hi to all the staff at stilts and thanks for a wonderfull stay.The zamboanga cottage was cozy peacefull and very clean. All we could here at night was the lapping of the waves just feet from our window and we woke to a sandy beach all our own. The food was delicious with a varied menu and the service was first class, One surgestion would be to have complinetary tea and coffee in the cottages.. All the staff from the gardeners to the managers were very polte and friendly. The grounds are very well kept with an abundance of blooming flowers and all the amenaties are very clean. We have chosen to spend our honeymoon at stilts resort so look forward to seeing you all again in 2012.. Regards All.. Ayieh and Simon. ))

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank simon p

Reviewed April 8, 2012

the resort was ok the food medyo more practice sa cook the veggies was very matigas under cooked. the cottege its self medyo delicado sa mga kids yuo know bka ma under water if your too laux, naving a room in a large cottege if your a honey mooner medyo di advisable mag stay sa gust room loft room over look the gust room youll end up scandalized like katrina halili. what a view....loft room was a nono specially if your staying with kids.. matarik and not advisable for young and too fat and old person...

Room Tip: not advisabler with kids, mahirap mag stay sa loft because its very stiff stairs...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank southarchers
Reviewed April 6, 2012

STAY AWAY FROM THIS RESORT, OR RISK VACATION TRAUMA!!! We booked at this resort and paid more than half the fees of our supposedly 4d/3n stay a full two months ahead. I received the confirmation voucher for our Apr 4-7 stay shortly after. On the morning when we were due to arrive, I called them to make sure that everything was arranged. They confirmed that we are expected and that our room was ready. When we arrived well in time for their check-in hours, the front desk personnel announced that our room had been upgraded, and we were escorted to one of their cottages on the water. We settled in and prepared to go swimming the next day. The next morning we checked out the beach but it was on low tide and full of jellyfishes, and so we decided to go back to our cottage, have lunch and wait for the tide to come in. I decided to take a nap and my husband sat down with a book. I had barely closed my eyes when my husband woke me up and said there seems to be a problem. I went out to find a crowd just outside our door - housekeeping personnel apparently waiting for us to vacate our room!! Next came the front desk personnel named Maricel who just yesterday told us that we had been upgraded, now telling us that our original room was ready and we need to move there now (literally now!!!). I said I don't understand, because she was the one who told me we had been upgraded, and why are we now being disturbed from our rest. She replied that the upgrade was temporary and insisted that we have to move now. I requested to speak with the resort manager and shortly after came a Hazel who basically told us the same thing - that our upgrade was temporary and we are to pack all our things NOW and MOVE PRONTO! WE WERE BEING EVICTED FROM OUR ROOM!!!! Without apologies, without remorse for disturbing our peace! And even with the insinuation that this is not the room that we paid for and so we should not insist to stay. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE SHEER HORROR OF ALL THIS?!!!! I have traveled around Asia and Europe but have never heard of such a thing as "temporary upgrade", ie, we assign you a room but anytime we feel like it, without any prior advise whatsoever, we kick you out of that room!!!... My husband calmly asked them for a copy of their reservation contract that we signed,or even their resort policy, that says they can cancel their upgrade anytime like this, and not only disturb their resting guests, but HUMILIATE them UNDESERVEDLY in front of many people. They could not show us anything but still WOULD NOT LEAVE US ALONE! At this time I have had it and decided to pack our things and get ready to leave. I demanded a full refund of our money and as soon as we received it, we left. My husband didn't even have time to take a shower because they never stopped pestering us, all the while with their housekeeping personnel just hovering around like vultures waiting for us to get evicted so they can ready the room apparently for the next guests in line.

End of our story? My husband and I literally spent the night knocking on the doors of several hotels in Tagaytay just to find a place to stay for the night. It was almost midnight when we finally found a place to rest.

In all my decades of travelling, this was absolutely the WORST RESORT in the world. MOST RUDE personnel, and LOUSIEST beach! The water is LOW TIDE the WHOLE DAY (your bathtub literally has higher water), and SWARMING with JELLYFISHES and sea urchins. Miles of beach on each side so you wonder why not a single person is swimming. Only to find out that the water doesn't even come up to your knee, and everywhere you turn there are groups of jellyfishes!

There are a whole lot of beautiful resorts in Nasugbu and other parts of Batangas. Don't waste your precious rest days on this lousiest of all.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
302  Thank Beng1229
Amor and Mina H, Owner at Stilts Calatagan Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear Ms. Beng,

On behalf of our family, the owners of Stilts Calatagan, we would like to extend our deepest apologies for the errors committed by our staff during your stay in Stilts which caused you great inconvenience and hassle.

The "temporary upgrade" issue should never have happened. Upon investigation, we learned that our Makati booking office and front desk staff in the resort failed to coordinate properly about the cottage reserved for your and Mr. Masangcay. While our online booking sheet correctly showed that you had booked Davao cottage, our booking summary (which is sent by our Makati office to the resort staff in Calatagan) incorrectly stated that you had booked Bohol cottage. Consequently, our front desk staff assumed that there was a double booking for Bohol cottage and moved you to Caliraya cottage. Unfortunately, our front desk staff did not double check the online booking sheet or call the Makati booking office to verify the details of your reservation.

We are also very sorry for the way you were told to leave Caliraya cottage without the proper prior notice and advice. We can offer no excuses for the way this issue was handled.

To address the problems you encountered during your stay, we have taken the following steps:

1. We have instructed our Makati booking office and our Calatagan staff to always cross check the online booking sheet and the booking summary to make sure that reservations are properly recorded in both documents. In case of any discrepancies between these two documents, we have instructed them to coordinate with each other and verify bookings before offering guests any cottage transfers.

2. We have also told our front desk staff that they should clearly explain to guests any conditions for cottage transfers before these transfers are made.

On behalf of our family, we would like to offer you a full refund. Please let us know how we can do so.

We would also like to offer you a free three-night stay in Stilts when your schedule permits. We strive to ensure that our guests have a wonderful stay at Stilts and hope that you can give Stilts a second chance.

Mina and Amor

Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed there last March 11, 2012.... 3 days 2 nights stay. It's a bit far from Metro Manila but it's worth it. The staff was really helpful.

I like staying in the cottage instead of the usual hotel rooms. We had the cottage by ourselves. The room was clean and the TOILETS were clean.... not just in our cottage but everywhere in the resort... this is unusual in the Philippines =) this should be an attraction by itself.

I think this place is for families who wants to relax and unwind... it's not exactly a party place. A bit disppointed that there is no TV in the cottage but that's ok because we slept a lot.

The food was ok... not spectacular.... maybe they should train their chef to improve it... just my suggestion.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank pinoyace
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We LOVED Stilts so much, we went back twice in a week's time. Stilts is great for both overnight stays and for a daytrip. The staff are very friendly and efficient, the food surprisingly good, the swimming pool temperature perfect and the beach calm and very peaceful. Lots of starfish for young and old to enjoy ! Our party ranged in age from 7 years old to 81 years old and everyone had a great time. The bungalows are extremely comfortable (the aircon was much appreciated after a long day in the sun....), clean and spacious. We will definitely make a stay at Stilts a part of our yearly visit to the Philippines.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank bibiParis
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I emailed Stilts Calatagan for a reservation last January. Our travel period should be May 5-6, 2012. I reserved a Baguio floating cottage. I received an email for quotation and payment option date. The last day for my payment option was Jan. 26. I asked for an extension since our travel period is quite far and asked the reservations staff (Hazel de Luna) to call or inform me if an inquiry has been made regarding the cottage so that we'll pay the downpayment. Stilts extended my option payment date. I called again to confirm the amount that I have to pay at about first week of Feb. I was informed that the Baguio room was already booked and it was fully paid! It was paid Jan. 24 and my last day (payment option day) was Jan. 26. They gave my reservation away even if payment was not yet due!!!

They then gave me another cottage (Lipa) for the same quoted price. I was already thinking of not pushing through with my reservation because of the inconveniences it caused me. Still, I made a deposit last Feb. 10. According to their terms and conditions, it is possible to cancel any reservation made as long as there are still 14 days before travel date. I cancelled my reservation last Feb. 21. Alvin (not sure of his last name) told me that they will deposit the downpayment back at my account. I just have to give them 7 days for them to do so. I called again last March 2 (Friday) because the money is still not deposited at my account. Mags (another staff) told me that the check will be deposited on Monday (March 5)! I was enraged because 1) we are talking of only Php 4,000++, 2) the check will be in clearing for 3 days so I can use the funds on Thursday and 3) I paid in cash, why can't they make their deposit in cash? I checked my balance this morning (March 6) and found that it was only today that the deposit has been returned to me.

All in all, this was the most exhausting and terrible reservation staff that I've encountered. I don't think i will go through this experience again and try to spend my vacation at STILTS CALATAGAN.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
19  Thank alt089
solrubias, Manager at Stilts Calatagan Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Dear Ma’am,

Thank you for giving us your honest feedback about the problems that you encountered with our reservation and cancellation procedure.

With respect to the reservation procedure, we should have informed you about the other group that was interested in Baguio cottage before accepting their booking and payment.
We also apologize that our policy regarding “first payment, first confirmation” was not explained as clearly as it should have been.

We should also have been clearer about the fact that Lipa cottage is a large floating cottage as compared to Baguio cottage (a medium floating cottage) and that we were thus upgrading your reservation.

Moreover, we would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the late refund of your down payment. This should never have happened and we will not offer any excuse for this.

To address the foregoing issues, we have taken the following steps:

1. In cases of multiple tentative bookings, our Makati booking office has been instructed to: (a) expressly state the “first payment, first confirmation” policy in their emails and/or conversations with clients; and (b) check with all prior tentative bookings whether they would like to push through with their reservation before accepting the booking and payment of another group.

2. We have put procedures in place to ensure that requests for refunds receive prompt attention. If necessary, we will authorize the making of refunds through cash payments to speed up the refund process.

We strive to ensure that our guests have a wonderful stay at Stilts and hope that you can visit the resort one day.

Please feel free to get in touch with me or any of our booking officers at sales@stiltscalataganbeachresort.net or at 0917-5807653 or 0917-5863343.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Mirasol S. Rubias

Reviewed January 20, 2012

My husband and I brought our 5 month old son to Stilts over the holiday season. Last time we were here, our baby was still in my tummy, now he's having a grand time swimming in the resort's kiddie pool! The cottages have been nicely renovated with the addition of bathrooms. As always, the staff provided excellent and courteous service. Bringing our son to such a beautiful place, seeing him enjoy himself for the first time in the water and discovering new sights is just priceless. Stilts will continue to be our family's go-to place for fun and relaxation.

Room Tip: Try the newly refurbished Surigao cottage by the beach! Very nice!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank huskywusky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calatagan
Coral Beach Club
White Castle Resort & Hotel
Villa Del Faro
Villa Del Faro
#3 of 5 in Calatagan

Been to Stilts Calatagan Beach Resort? Share your experiences!