See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is an incredibly cool place given the high outside temperature in summer. What a pleasant relief after a busy day site-seeing. And a lovely little pool for relaxing by, in the dappled light of surrounding trees. Our room was huge, beautifully furnished with a lovely shower room. This is an old farmhouse with small windows but clever use of light tubes provides areas of natural light everywhere. You are given a warm, homely welcome, the food expertly cooked and presented - making good use of produce from the kitchen garden. You really feel privileged to be there. Ferrara is a short train ride away, the taxi to the station will cost you 20 euros each way.

Room Tip: Probably all of a high standard
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

This is the best place to stay in the Ferrara region. I can say that everything is perfect , the "pane "from their oven, the truffle from their wood, you can go with their dogs to look for it, stay overnight if you can!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Staying at Le Occare was the highlight of our cycling holiday. Being the only guests for the 2 days, we were given a tour of the bedrooms so we could make our choice. All 3 were tastefully decorated with large modern bathrooms. It is the first time we have slept in monogrammed linen sheets! Having to eat a gluten free diet did not cause a problem, for me, and I certainly didn't miss out on the quality of the wonderful food.
Christina couldn't have been more helpful and she even gave me the recipe for her wonderful zabaglione.
It would make a wonderful base for any group of people who enjoy quiet countryside situations, great food and attentive host.
The Simpsons

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I hope Tripadvisor will allow me a little white lie in terms of timing, since it's actually a few years now since we visited this wonderful place, but it's a cherishable memory - we had a really lovely time. The most important thing for us was that we could take our dog along, a very active beagle, and she had the time of her life, falling in love immediately with one of the hotel hounds and spending the whole time playing with him in the large garden and adjacent field. We, meanwhile, enjoyed the tastefully decorated rooms and public spaces, and the great food - I'm a vegetarian, and was extremely satisfied. Our hosts were charming, helpful and kind. The music at dinner one evening was so beautiful - Spanish guitar music by Bream - that I had to comment on it; and of course, on leaving, the lady of the house presented me with a copy of the disc. So, a great trip. My one regret - certainly shared by our love-torn beagle! - is that we've never had the chance to go back!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SJWilson
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We had a slight hiccup with the booking which was sorted. Le Occare is very special. Most of the vegetables are from the farm. Cris has honeybees which provide your delicious breakfast honey. Your towels are parcelled up with ribbon. The tea is served in delicate china cups and you have a multitude of teas to choose from. The little things are thought through. It is a very special place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011