“Nice place to hangout and just relax...”
Review of Sai Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kolad
Sai Farm
Ranked #13 of 16 Specialty Lodging in Kolad
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Excellent location with good people and nice service, We were 6 pax earlier the room was OK but later they upgared us to River view room as soon as it was available, Room and view was really awesome with excellent panoramic nature and to add on their personal care they even helped us in crises when our car got stuck in mud hole, Thanks to owners and really a place to visit. .

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed April 27, 2013

we visited in April when the peak summer had started , but we had a wonderful time in Sai farms.

we started with the river visit , dart board , play area etc . but when we saw our rooms with the lake view we dropped all other plans & spent 2 hours admiring the awesome river (catchment)

following this i alone took a dip in the river by walking down to the fishing area. beware of muddly shores and underwater current as the dam was open. Plenty of fish everywhere.

following this we entered the swimming pool and had a fantastic time where my son swam for the first time , solo.

then we played Chess , TT Carrom all after a long time. the family together time was maximum.

the food was a little spicy but once a while one need to try different cuisine.

the owners are very friendly and they do everything to make you feel at home. unlike normal practice i paid on spot & not by web transfer.

there were old beer bottles which was strewn everywhere. such a turn off.

the pool was full of leaves , which need regular cleaner.

the pool water is the best & purest natural river water.

Room Tip: Choose river view room in monsoon & winter, Choose the dorm in summer
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank EevaB
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I with my friend and few kids had been to sai farms for a week end. In the begining we had to wait for some time as by mistakenly our room was given to some group who had come for a days picnic.We were famished and by 2 when we went for food , we didnt find it ready. Then our host and hostess came and then things went on going. We had our food of veg and non veg included. The host and hostess are quite friendly and they asked us what would we like for dineer adn they were good enough to guide us with nearby sight seeing places. The rooms were small but well maintained with no TV . But the view we had from our room was good enough as we had taken rivedr facing ones. Though it was one day before full moon we didnt getthe desired feeling of lake but sunrise was very beautiful.Night we had chinese on our request but again a delayed ones. Morning we had breakfast of poha, omlet sandwich and butter/jam sandwich. Host aslo guided us with the fishing on the river side. Staff was good but confused. Their Dog Lyka doesnt bother anybody ( if u r afraid of dog that is).

Room Tip: Room with river facing is the best
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AartiSingh
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Visited the place with a few friends....the farm is a little in the interior which may be a little confusing if you reach very late evening. Would suggest to reach the place a little early when its a little bright. Rooms are Simple, neat and clean. A lot of mosquitoes so don't forget to carry a mosquito repellent cream, though the farm does provide a mosquito coil. Food is Simple, do not expect a lot of variety. The owners Mr Gabby and Mrs Mukta are always available for anything that is required and are very helpful. The Farm also has a few indoor games and a swimming pool.

Room Tip: Choose Rooms facing the River
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ArletteM
Reviewed August 20, 2012

A place just 6 kms from highway but thousands of miles away from " city "....Must visit place with family or friends... We were 8 of us and we stayed in river view room... Rooms were clean and well maintained... They have TT, carom, badminton, swimming pool and fishing... Near the resort there is a waterfall with 3 different falls, which is like icing on the cake... Don't expect five star treatment and lavish food...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Adityasampat
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I don't know if Hemmingway really wrote that line, but the river was there. It gurgled in joy and the skies opened up. I stood transfixed, drinking in the breath-taking landscape. The rich, green hills. The river. The Lapwings swooping in screaming, "did-yoo-doo-eeet?" It was surreal. I pinched myself and I walked up from the pier, through the Sai Farm kitchen, into the dining hall. And, I wondered "How the hell is such a paradise tucked away, barely a few hours from Mumbai?" I was thinking there has got to be a catch. It can't be so perfect! But everything was perfect. The konkan-Maharashtran food. The cordial owners of the farm. The swimming pool. Caring service staff. And, of course Lyka the friendly Doberman.
As the sun disappeared, I went to the river. And, it was there. I sat on the pier, as she rollicked along. I gather, just upriver, you can experience white-water rafting. The only place in South India I am told. "Perfect!'" I said aloud and when I stood up, it was dark but the place was lit by a million fireflies. It was better than perfect.
If you're looking for a getaway to escape your mind-numbing routine, it doesn't get better than this. Go. To. Saifarm. And, buy me beers later.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Suman K
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We visited the farms some time in September 2011, we were three couples along with our kids....We were not satisfied by the overall service, food and the accommodation provided to us. Would not like to waste much time writing in detail about the property and the people who are running this place....overall it was a bad experience and it does not offer you the value for money charged!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sai Farm? Share your experiences!