“refreshing weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kolad
Ecomantra's Rivertrail Eco Camp
Ranked #10 of 15 Specialty Lodging in Kolad
Thane, India
“refreshing weekend”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

After analyzing so many different options we selected Eco Mantra for our 2 days weekend. I must say it was one of the best trip of my life. We were in the lap of nature after just 2.5 hr of pleasant drive from thane. Property was excellent so was the team members and food. Kayaking and tracking were awesome. WE explored many facts of nature because of trained guide Brijesh. We never felt that we were in a commercial place but it was a home like feeling. Barbeque, was also excellent. Prithvi as a team leader was efficient enough to take personal care and comfort of every guest. inspite of being in a jungle the place was very clean and hygienic.
Waterfall was huge and amazing. Haven't enjoyed such a water fall in my entire life.
Feel refresh whenever we think of that place . a place for everyone kids,teenagers for adventurous activities and couples for soothing nature. Would love to visit d place again.
Thanx Eco mantra for such a wonderful experience ...keep up the good work!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pankajag50

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This place is good with all it's natural eco friendly atmosphere like the river ride for getting into resort, the wood cottages, the food, the night crab trail and the trekking towards waterfall. With no TV,the children had real fun playing among themselves. This place is really good to go with your big group of friends who do not care about modern amenities (AC,room service,TV...etc). We stayed in Rose cottage which was a very big room with 10 bed,and 2 washrooms. Of course we had a snail for our company in one of the washroom but no big hassle. As warned before we had ample supply of odomos for the mosquito and the resort had provided ample stock of mosquito coil.
The only concern we had that the latches of washroom was not locking properly. Also they could have dried leaves (patra) plates instead of steel which would be ecofriendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank malasrishi
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We spent a couple of days in Ecomantra Rivertrail Resort and from the moment we hopped in the boat, we knew that this was one institution which wanted to serve. The entire staff led by Mr. Brijesh was very friendly and made us feel at home. The food prepared by Mr. Mangesh was delicious. A few suggestions -

1. You may install a few benches on the riverside for laying down and relaxing watching others enjoy their sporting activities.
2. You may also acquire your own 16 seater for local travels as well as pickups. I normally do not prefer driving my own vehicle for holidays but was forced to do so.

Otherwise my experience was great, look forward to visiting other EcoMantra destinations in due course.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jayesh_Gokhale
Reviewed July 26, 2012

“They say nature is good name of an effect whose cause is GOD”. Well….. this could be the only saying flashes into my mind when I recollect our experience at river trail eco camp. We had been there for our company outing and returned with loads of memories to be treasured forever. Well maintained facilities, Gr8 staff, excellent food accompanied by beauty of nature are the main pillars of river trail.

First time I could enjoy this outing being a participant. Kudos to its team!!!!!! Pradnya for her prompt coordination, Brijesh, Mahesh and Dipesh for their support throughout all the activities, Mangesh for his delicious food and Jayesh for organizing our entire session successfully. Would specially mention about Dipesh, an excellent guitarist with an amazing voice who gave a special touch to our singing session at night. Experienced numerous activities which were never tried before…..
Place I would definitely like to visit again and explore even more ……..

Thank you River Trail for giving wonderful experience to us……Keep up the good work... Cheers..!!!!!!

Room Tip: Both Safari and Rose cottage can be prefered!!
Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 11, 2012

A very funny title for this review, but its serious guys. My group's first off experience with Ecomantra. We reached the parking at the river banks. We loaded our stuff in one of the boat and sat in other boat. Out of a group of 8 adults and 3 kids(age 2, 4 & 10) 4 of us and 2 kids(age 4 & 10) boarded on a small motor boat. Just when the boat started the two of us saw some water entering the boat and before we realised all of us were under the waters. We are shocked and at the same time worried about the kids. Thankfully we were made to wear the life jackets. However the kids were scared to horror. We were taken back on one of the kayak and the boat on which the luggage was loaded and brought back to the banks of the river at the campsite. Collateral loss of three mobiles and DSLR and one car deck.

Though this was a shocking start terrifying experience and the worry for the kids kept working on our minds. We decided to stay. We did build up our courage to again enter into the waters and learn those activities. The activities were really cheering after the initial setback. Good job by the team members Brijesh & Dipesh in connecting with our group from time to time. We thoroughly enjoyed the trek, waterfall and kayaking. The kids were also able to enjoy with little activities like clay model making.The food is amazing. Hats off to the chef. The tents and the tent area is well kept.

Few Suggestions:
1) Have dry bags for the passengers electronics while taking them from one end to the other end of the river to avoid collateral damage in future.
2) The bathrooms in the entire property need a real job, the doors do not close, there is hot water available only in the safari cottage only if the sun shines that day. There are broken tiles and drainage issues, Though the group is made aware of this in advance it does not harm to be up to date.
3) The cane beds are old and their nails are coming off the frame. Kids can get hurt and the clothes can get stuck while sitting or getting off the bed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ashwini12
Ecomantra H, General Manager at Ecomantra's Rivertrail Eco Camp, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Ashwini,

Please accept by apologies for the delay in replying to you. Though this reply comes late, let me firstly assure you that we were very happy to see you return at our campsite ( this time with your family and friends) in the monsoon last year. You have already been to the camp in 2005 with HSBC, so we were looking forward to welcoming you again.

In response to your feedback given by you:

a) About the damage to your valuables (which is very regretful) - to begin with, every customer while booking at Rivertrail camp, gets a PPT (monsoon special) to know what to expect at the campsite and being prepared. This presentation sent to you on page 35 mentions that all belonging should be packed in a plastic bag. The invoice too mentions in the Kit List to avoid carrying any expensive equipment at the campsite. We do provide lockers at the camp for the safety of your mobiles, wallets etc but not dry bags during the river cross over as it is notified to the customer to carry the same well in advance. We do give dry bags on Kayak tours

b) Rescue from boat: I completely understand the fear of suddenly finding yourself in water from the boat. However, we are happy that you have mentioned about your family group being rescued immediately, since we are very particular about safety issues. As a rule, we avoid operating motor boats due to pollution caused on the river. However, due to monsoon and heavy flow in the river, I was trying out a new motor on our boat to speedup the transfers byboat, which caused the unfortunate turning over. We now no longer use motors on our boats, and instead continue with manual rowing which is slow but peaceful and of course safe.

Please be assured that we have a 100% safety record on the Rivertrail camp and have all intentions to continue the same. We are into the 10th year of operations at Rivertrail, and ensuring the safety of our customers has been our utmost priority from day 1. In this respect your title of Amazing Experience, Be cautious is appropriate since we ourselves are very cautious especially when it comes to river activities and we want our customers to always be alert and take all precautions when entering the river.

c) Regarding the repair and maintenance work, we are thankful to you for bringing this to our notice. We have changed the door stoppers and taken care of the drainage issues. The cane beds sometimes absorb moisture and split open in the monsoon. They too have been repaired. Since we have solar heaters for the safari and cottage bathrooms, under heavy rains and cloudy weather, they do not work. But we do provide you hot water in buckets during those cloudy days. We have intentionally avoided use of firewood for heating water as we are an eco-friendly camp.

Once again thank you for your honest feedback. You have been very balanced in highlighting both the positive and negative points at the campsite. We also feel very honoured for remembering and applauding our team members for their service. Every customer like you who gives us their unbiased opinion helps us to improve our camping operations and we truly appreciate it.

Regards

Jayesh Gawde
General Manager – Experiential Travel & Resorts
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I chose this place as it had lots to do & on web, it promised a lot of new things. Well somewhere wanted to give an experience to my son who like so many kids in Metro is fixated on Gadgets & Glad I took this trip. I saw my son and my Dad do things I have never seen them do in my 35 years. (Review is a little long but elaborate). River trail is a memory to cherish for a lifetime.

To give an elaborate Review for River Trail, Let me categorize this entire trip in points that one would ideally consider before taking the trip or while taking the trip….

1. Destination: Would surely freeze on Destination. Place of Interest
2. Transport: How convenient and Cost effective it is going to be.
3. Stay: Place where you going to stay. Should be suitable for all
4. Food: Should be well taken care off. Hygienic
5. Booking and Response: Is the booking convenient and are they responsive?
6. To Do or Sight Seeing: Are there enough places to see or rather is it quite enough Based on liking
7. Budget: With all the best facilities, is it making a huge dent in your pocket or its just about right.
8. Lastly the X factor: Varies for each destination and each place. This is something that decides, are you going to come back here again.

So Now to elaborate more on the above points, and keeping the focus on River trail (Honestly No other Option besides that)

1. Destination: Chose Kolad for the reason that wanted to have a quick vacation for my Son. Missed the entire 2 months and wanted to make up for it. Kolad promised lots of Adventure sports and some quality time doing things together. Natural Beauty did its bit to get us looking for more.
2. Transport: Kolad suited best as the journey only took 3 hrs from South Mumbai. Also we could just drive in our car without having to look for additional modes of transport. With petrol Prices rising, Only had to do full tank once and yet managed to come back with almost half tank back in our SX4. Big Plus point.
3. Stay: Checked out various websites, and third party Reviews. River trail got no. 1 ranking and rightly so as it had all the ingredients for being no. 1 right from the word GO. Also what worked in their favor was they were the only ones without a negative remark on third party sites and They were the only ones who responded to the comments on these sites. Makes a huge plus as have not seen many doing this. We got a Safari Cottage which is by itself a unique concept and has basic amenities. Loved the open wall concept. Rooms were neat and tidy, however since this is a Jungle and rooms are open wall, there are few frogs for company but nothing harmful, rather adds to the charm of the place. Mind you that this is true to its word for Eco Camp. No ACs, No Fridge, No TV and No Loud Music. Should stick to this to maintain the eco feel.
4. Food: Excellent food. We reached at 2 pm on a Friday and were hungry. Food is all freshly prepared as the kitchen does not have Fridge. Its hygienic and home-made food. Great taste & Sufficient qty. Must mention Mangesh who cooks the meals with help from Gajanan and Pawar. Great guys.
5. Booking and Response: Very conveniently done. Had worked out a deal with back office (Pradnya), whom I called several times with queries but she managed the calls well and also arranged for the payment to be picked. I was reluctant to pay 100% advance the first time but liked the concept of not having to spend even a penny once at the camp. Great Response as on the day of Travel, Brijesh from Rivertrail called us proactively to guide us and was always on call to help us reach safely. This was a welcome else wud surely be lost.
6. Activities: This is dependent on what you looking for. For us, the entire family had something to do. Be it adventure, Nature, playtime or just laze in a hammock. I had my parents, my sister, My wife and my son along with me. While I with my wife, son and sister thoroughly enjoyed the activities such as Kayaking, River crossing, River swimming, Coconut tree climbing, Night trails, Rappelling, etc. My parents enjoyed the nature and the quite surrounding with some of their own adventure on Mangoes trees. Must mention Brijesh, Deipeesh, Nilesh and Rupesh for the importance of safety they follow with great company as well. Deipeesh also happens to play guitar and sing during Barbeque nite and he is good too. This is an experience as well. Best part the activities are part of the package so no extra charges for everything. This was the biggest plus for this place and loved this concept.
7. Budget: Well for 6 people including my son it worked out within the range of 5 thousand including everything for a 3 day and 2 night trip. This included travel, stay, food, activities and any other expense. This is a feel good factor for me.
8. The X-factor: Every place has its own X-factor and for River trail, it’s the warmth of its staff who according to me are their biggest assets. We felt like a family right from the moment we arrived at rivertrail and till the time we left. Infact we bid our goodbyes with all of them coming to drop us till the jetty. I will surely go back to this place in winters, if not for the place itself than for the friends we made there. Must thank and mention the entire staff Pradnya, Brijesh, Deipesh, Mangesh, Rupesh, Nilesh, Pawar, Gajanan along with kids (Pramod, Manoj and Raj) who became my sons good friends and ensured he had a good time. Our protectors Moti and lalu along with the Manya. They all are responsible for making this an amazing experience for me and my family.

Note: A cooler would be a welcome idea in some of the rooms for summers and 1 Refrigerator in the Kitchen would be a big addition to an otherwise a perfect Eco Camp.

Room Tip: Those with weak stomach or Hygiene Issues, carry 5 ltr Bottle of water. If u looking at Cold drink...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank jkmumbai
RAVIGOEL25, Owner at Ecomantra's Rivertrail Eco Camp, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Whoa! That was a detailed review and we thank you for sharing your thoughts and the workflow that made you choose Rivertrail. I am sure it will empower a lot of discerning travellers to choose the right holiday and be able to see the details behind the scenes to appreciate an accommodation for they seek to deliver

We are happy to know that you have joined one of our raving guests - and let me share that it reviews like this which makes us feel that while there is a tremendous scope of improvement in whatever we do, we are getting there and got a few things right. It encourages us to continue to strive to do our best that we can do to ensure that our guests have a great time. Thats what we are in business for - you focus on having a good time, we focus on doing everything else.

Being an eco lodge, we have chosen to let our guest focus on the beautiful nature around you instead of being distracted by things that you can actually do in your home a lot better. Like watch TV, listen to loud music, eat preserved and frozen food from the refrigerator, live in a completely enclosed - nature outside, ac inside surrounded by even taller buildings on all side accommodation model etc.

Why no cooler or AC or refrigerator?
Out here - we made cottages, each of which is bigger than an average city home, made bathrooms that are bigger than some hotel rooms, made cottages that allows nature inside and are 100% natural and non toxic and created plenty of engagements that empowers a family with varied interests level to still enjoy in his/her own special way. We prefer to give you farm fresh food bought from the local market on the same or previous day. No leftovers recycled - No gravy that was made 2 weeks back. Thats why it taste so good.

All serviced by an extremely well trained local people who love to facilitate a great time for you - because they love what they do and are very well paid. Think about this - while the corporate world hires the best IIT-IIM kinda brain to sell surfactants and wafers etc. where if things goes wrong, nobody dies to us, who train barely 5th standard pass local people who have facilitated adventures for over 35000 people without any casualties. Though they are in the business where if things goes wrong - somebody can be hurt. Imagine that. We appreciate the fact that you appreciate these team.

And we look forward to you joining us soon.

Ravi
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed May 23, 2012

The most wonderful & exhilarating experience at the camp. Staff is extremely friendly and the best part is the folks love nature. Food is of the best quality and taste, however I felt there should have been a choice for all meals - augments well that way! On the banks of the kundailaka river, its very peaceful and u feel one with nature at any time of the day or night. Haven't been to a more deserving & really quality place in a long time where accommodation, food, service, adventure & happiness live together. Thank you guys & good luck!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank WisemanLez
RAVIGOEL25, Public Relations Manager at Ecomantra's Rivertrail Eco Camp, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Hi

Thank you for your response. Glad to know that you loved the place. We would be keen to increase the choices available at Rivertrail once Maharashtra is on the tourism circuit. This will enable us to invest in a transformer giving us a stable power connection, in turn enabling a central kitchen system with freezers, stores etc.

We appreciate the suggestion and will inform you once we are able to do it

Team Ecomantra
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kolad
Mercure Lavasa
Aamby Valley City
Aamby Valley City
#1 of 1 in Aamby Valley City
Exotica Beach Resort - Dive Agar

Been to Ecomantra's Rivertrail Eco Camp? Share your experiences!