Review Highlights
Amazing 5 day wine tour!

I cannot say enough good things about Caro, Chateau Feely and the wine tour! My mom and I went on... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
w0rldtraveler000
St. Petersburg, Florida
Amazing day in St Emilion!

The day with Caro in St Emilion was definitely a trip highlight. Although I appreciate fine wine... read more

Reviewed September 19, 2018
hiho8035
St. John

All reviews st emilion day tour caro feely delicious lunch bordeaux region french wine walking tour grape expectations highly recommend this tour wonderful tour tasting room entire process lovely touch return visit beautiful setting biodynamic farming knowledge
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Before we left Australia on our trip to France this year we arranged online to spend a day with Caro at the vineyards at Saussignac and it was a first-rate experience all round. We took the train from St Emilion and Caro picked us up from their local railway station to drive out to the Chateau Haut Garrigue (now renamed Chateau Feely) and we enjoyed very much all the different aspects to our day from walking the vineyards and talking about the organic approach to grape growing and wine making to our food and wine pairing lunch. It was fascinating, relaxing and memorable - a highlight to our trip. The Feelys now have some very stylish comfortable accommodation set up for those who would enjoy a longer stay and it would be a superb retreat for those wanting to get away from it all for a while or for those who wanted to help out with the harvest ... Highly recommended! Di H and Mike G

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We learnt so much about not only wine elements and ways of appreciating it but also the harvesting process. The Feely farm is beautiful to look at but also ethically managed. The wine and food pairing lunch was delicious and let us put theory to practice.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently went on a half day tour at Chateau Haut Garrigue. We were met by Caro Feely in Gardonne. I had arranged the tour online and had a great correspondence with her, she was very accommodating of our planned schedule - we were coming from Bergerac and then off to Bordeaux in the afternoon, and let us know the best trains to get and a good landmark in which to meet her. There are many tours to choose from but we went on the half day tour of their vineyard followed by a food and wine pairing lunch. The tour was very informative and well-presented and questions were encouraged, and the food was delicious, as were the wines, so much so that we had to buy some to take away with us. We also bought a copy of Caro's book, Grape Expectations, about their first three years at the vineyard which paints a great picture of the trials and tribulations, the ups and the downs of her family and their decision to follow their dream. The tour was so professional and well-executed, and the wines so delicious, that without reading the book you would never know how much hard work and dedication it takes to make everything appear so seamless.

If you are thinking about taking a wine tour, I would whole-heartedly recommend this one.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband & I spent a super Interesting day at Chateau Haut Garrigue, learning a lot about organic wine making and sampling the wonderful wines of the chateau. We were served a delicious lunch and had the opportunity to meet people from Canada, the US and Gr. Britain. A thoroughly enjoyable experience in spite of the not too pleasant weather. Will do it again next year.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of taking Caro's day tour of St. Emilion this spring. We met Caro at the St. Emilion Tourist Office and began with a bird's eye view of the region from the top of the church tower. From there we enjoyed visits to two wineries (Chateau Cadet-Bon and Chateau Fonplegade) and a delicious lunch at a local restaurant. Knowing hardly anything about the process of wine production, Caro was able to explain each step simply to us using her first-hand experience. Her passion for wine-making and engaging personality made it a highlight of our Bordeaux stay. I highly recommend Caro's tour if you are interested in getting an insiders view of the process of winemaking. Also if you get the chance, her book "Grape Expectations" is also a great read.