“Fantastic, beautiful B&B, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED”
Review of La Vie d'Artiste

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Noyers-sur-Cher
La Vie d'Artiste
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Fantastic, beautiful B&B, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was a wonderful place to stay. We were in the area for a music festival, and Lynn, our hostess, couldn't have been more helpful. Being bi-lingual, a native English speaker who has also mastered French, she helped us immensely. Also, through her, we were able to chat to the other French locals and get to know the area better. Our room was just beautiful - big wooden beams and lovely antique furniture. We also had an immaculate en suite bathroom. Breakfast was included, was very relaxed and seemed to be ready whenever we appeared in the morning! Lynn gave us some great tips on the best local places to visit, and even arranged for us to go to her friend's vineyard for a degustation - needless to say we went home with a lot of very lovely, local (and cheap!!) wine! Although we were there technically on business, (we are musicians and were playing at the local festival), it felt like a wonderful holiday. We had never met Lynn before but came away feeling like we'd spent time with an old friend. I would highly recommend this fantastic place, and we will definitely be going back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank impromturacoon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This charming B&B is well named, as Lynn, the proprietor, is a very talented musician (as well as being bi-lingual). It was sometimes difficult for me to even want to get out and tour the area, as I was so relaxed at this cozy converted farmhouse. Lynn is quite a good cook as well, so I enjoyed my breakfast meals, and felt quite pampered. Lynn was quite knowledgeable about all there was to do and see in the area, and taught me much that was not in the guidebooks. One of my favorite memories was accompanying Lynn to a rehearsal session of her French folk music group out in the country side in an old barn -- it was like having my own private concert. She knew all about the local music festivals, markets, and historic sites, and was most helpful in helping me decipher train schedules and arranging transportation. The villages of Noyers-sur-Cher and the adjacent Saint-Aignan are small but charming, and the large beautiful ZooParc is a short drive away, as are the amazing castles Chenonceaux and Chambord, and the Chaumont Garden Festival (which I enjoyed immensely -- allot plenty of time for this if you are a gardener!) Lynn went far beyond what I have come to expect from my stays in B&Bs, and I can't wait to return! Lynn went far beyond what I have come to expect from my stays in B&Bs, and I can't wait to return!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank DelArtist
Dawson, Georgia
Reviewed June 16, 2013

As a fairly frequent traveler, I must say my week at La Vie d'Artiste was absolutely the best ever! Our party of three visited a week here and had the entire upstairs to ourselves. One of the most important gifts a host can give a guest is privacy when desired, and this was a perfect space for the three of us. Large beautiful rooms with private baths in a lovely scenic area of central France along the Cher River. To accomodate us, our hostess Lynn went over and above board to meet our every whim. From the local bakery we had delicious French pastries for breakfast, we saw the sights in Saint Aignan and Tours, one evening we picnicked by the Cher River with wine we purchased at a local winery (another side trip), we visited the Caves Champignonnieres des Roches (mushroom caves) and the lovely Chateau de Chambord and Chateau de Chenonceau, all within minutes from home. A visit to the local farmers market to buy fresh vegetables and a shopping excursion to Amboise were lots of fun. In Tours we visited the Saint Gatien Cathedral and had lunch on the square in with friends (just like in the movies). The second week we spent in Paris with our own excellent private tour guide, Lynn, where we saw everything we had on our list of things we wanted to do. What a wonderful trip this was ~~ I'm ready to go back again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent, spacious and quiet. This B&B even has a sitting area outside the r...