“Excellent”
Review of Miss Nancy's

Miss Nancy's
Description: A quirky, family run bistro & brasserie where the focus is fresh food & memorable occasions. Miss Nancy's offer our customers the opportunity to experience a range of cuisines with daily specials as well as wild and wonderful cocktails, street food, afternoon tea, champagne breakfast, bottomless brunch and bespoke desserts. Take a walk on the wild side at Miss Nancy's where you don't just book a table, you book an experience.
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

I visited with my friends to celebrate a new job. I had seen pictures on Facebook and, obviously, checked the reviews here...

I can only echo the sentiments of other reviewers, the personal, relaxed service really appealed to me. You're greeted and seated (name in light box on table is a unique touch) then everything is fully explained to you; from being told that it's a fresh kitchen and any dietary requirements can be met (and I don't mean just allergies, like in most restaurants - if you want stuff tailor made they will appease!) Then the afternoon tea was explained to us (as two of us had gone for that and two ordered from the evening meal) so, we are fully apprised as to what's going on and can gauge an early glimpse of the fervent, friendly service style.

The food was excellent. I had the duck and my partner had the travelling noodles... both were flavour-some and well presented. The two having the afternoon tea were very happy with the selection of sandwiches. The afternoon tea also includes a hot course of; chicken and sweet potato fries or fish and chips to snack on!

As the evening went on, we worked our way through a selection of well presented gins and cocktails. All delicious and very unique. Have a look at some of the creations on Facebook!

This place stands alone! It is THE PLACE in the north east. Other venues will be looking to copy...they won't achieve what is here, though!

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Having been a customer since Miss Nancy's first opened, I have seen the business grow from the beautiful little hotspot that Houghton most definitely needed, into a famous, and even more welcoming place, to enjoy great food, and now amazing cocktails!
It doesn't take a genius to witness the hard work of owners Kelly and Sean, as well as their staff! This is a restaurant run on a pure heart and passion, resulting in an excellent fast service.
The food is fantastic, and Kelly's front of house spirit, is mirrored by her well spoken, articulate, staff!

I'm actually quite shocked at a review I've just read, and believe it to be the obvious opinion of someone who just likes to moan in life. Some people are just never happy, so they don't like to see others do well. Well, I think Miss Nancy's is the perfect addition to the town that time forgot, and it's brought a little spirit back to a ghost town!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

We called in for a healthy snack as both dieting. Suppose that was a bad idea as you are surrounded by chips, fried food and cakes. As it was cold we asked if there was any soup. The chef said he'd make us tomato and basil but it just tasted like the blended tomatoes and cream that it was. It lacked seasoning and had no depth of flavour like a good homemade soup should have. Sadly this has put us off and we haven't returned, which is a shame as I had enjoyed the atmosphere.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed August 19, 2017

Well blink as you pass and you'll miss it, but hidden in the middle of Houghton le Spring High Stree is an amazing little gem. Sophisticated but fun the menu is brilliant, service outstanding and an experience to be remembered. You'll be back and back and back.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

I went to miss Nancy's with my future daughter -in-law and family and friend for champagne breakfast few days before the wedding we did not know what to expect but what a surprise we got the food very good and also the service I would recommend champagne breakfast if have a special occasion to celebrate or just want to spoil yourself.

Date of visit: July 2017