“Very pleasant surprise”
Review of Provender

Provender
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Somerset deli and café selling a wide range of local produce which includes; Somerset farmhouse cheeses, locally produced smoked meat and Dorset hams, loose and jarred olives, fantastic chocolates, local apple juices, renowned local beers, ciders & fabulous Somerset Cider Brandy along with crusty breads, baked fresh every day.In our bright and airy 30 seat café - part of which overlooks the picturesque village square - we serve a wide range of freshly cooked breakfast snacks ; individually prepared lunches [accompanied by our home-made, signature salads]; fantastic coffees (our beans are roasted by Origin in Cornwall); a range of single estate teas and a delicious selection of truly scrumptious cakes (made by the team, on the premises). We pride ourselves on being able to provide tasty alternatives for customers with special diets - including vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free.
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

My husband, 9 month old daughter & I stopped at Provender Deli & Cafe in South Petherton, whilst travelling from Devon back home to Surrey. What a lovely surprise. It's only 5 minutes from the A303, in a beautiful village location. The tomato & basil soup was honestly the nicest soup I've ever tasted. My husband had the deli platter which was also very good. The cafe is right next to a picturesque church where we saw a glimpse of a beautiful bride. Much better than stopping at a dirty busy services any day!

1  Thank Helhale
There are newer reviews for Provender

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Visited whilst staying at my parents. The food was fantastic and very reasonably priced. I had quiche which came with an absolutely delicious carrot salad, Beetroot sale, and bread, it was fantastic. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. The deli is stocked with lots of lovely goodies, I bought some Manuka smoked prawns and pâté which was absolutely delicious. If you visit South Petherton this is an absolute must.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

What a lovely find. Found by husbands smart app on his phone. We had a lovely brunch here on the way home from Devon. Very relaxing and really nice. We enjoyed a lovely cup of tea and pancakes. We also treated ourselves to some tea and cheese to take home from the deli. Far superior and far better value to the little chef we past on the A303. We also enjoyed a visit the the field of dreams afterwards - beautiful. I've never seen so amy wild flowers in one field! When we have a little more time we will come back and explore the village. A definite recoomendatio to others from us!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I love this area of the world and I love to take the time to relax in comfortable surroundings and Provender provided this! Great staff, great coffee and a bacon sandwich which was delicious. Couldn't leave without taking some chilli rice puffs (think thats what they're called?) and would definitely recommend this place to anyone. Thanks guys. :)

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Loved the special lunch choices. I had the soup and hunk of bread. Delicious! Good coffee. Carrying lovely local craft items for sale was an unexpected pleasure and a neat touch.