We fell in Love with Oyster Island as soon as we caught the quaint ferry across to the island.
We stayed in a deluxe Bamboo Bungalow. I was very impressed with the room. With 4 children under 10, its hard to find somewhere that that accomodate us all without spending a fortune, so this suited us perfectly! One child stayed next door with our friends and a set of bunks and cot was bought in for our other children. There was still plenty of room!
Although there is no Kids activities here the kids LOVED iT! They spent their days swimming, snorkelling, coming on tours with us and playing with the other kids on the island. It felt very safe for them to wander around and could swim right in front of our room.
We had no problem with the food here. Breakfast was simple but all you need. the bbq buffet was great!
Santo is Not cheap!! You pay for everything! Food and drinks are very expensive. We found a good supermarket in town to stock up on snacks and drinks ( and beer) which helped, but I would suggest bringing alot from home like muslie bars etc as it is heaps dearer on Santo.
We stayed for 5 nights on Oyster and still didnt see everything we wanted too. The weather was not too kind but it was still warm enough to swim. We really needed another few days to see everything.
We were thinking of using the babysitters one day but they looked a little young and inexperienced and not that interested in the kids so we didnt use them.
The staff are so lovely, you really warm to them. would be great to see them get involved in some evening activities with everyone.
All up we loved Oyster and if coming to Santo again I would probably stay here again. It was very relaxing and you really see some breathtaking scenery!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a private 25 hectare island just 2 minutes crossing from the mainland. Oyster Island Resort resides within a Marine Reserve, abundant in marine and wild life. Sandy beaches, tropical rainforest, coral reefs and war plane wrecks make for fantastic snorkelling. Bungalows line the waters edge, each with private decks or patio's, enjoying stunning views out over the calm lagoon waters. Family Vila allow room for parents and children to enjoy the large grounds and gardens and are set off the water for safety. Skilled Chefs serve the very best of local and western cuisine from our waterfront restaurant. Only 20 minutes from the airport and township. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Oyster Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Island Hotel Luganville
- Oyster Island Resort Vanuatu/Luganville