Oyster Island resort is fantastic. It is like paradise on earth. Every morning you walk out of your bungalow straight into clear blue waters full of beautiful tropical fish. Then it's breakfast (the breakfast included in the room is delicious and totally adequate to keep you going for the fun you have ahead of you) in the lovely restaurant helped by the really fantastic staff. There is so much to do and the tours are reasonably priced, varied and great fun. The management and staff cannot do enough to help you and give you ideas. And if you want to do nothing then Oyster Island is perfect as well!!! You can just walk round the island, lie on the beach or sit on your hammock all day in peace and tranquility. Food is fantastic and reaonably priced and there's enough variety to keep you going. A great bar and cocktails!! And from time to time great buffets and local traditional entertainment. And it's not too difficult to get into town and go to other places for a change (although why would you want to leave Oyster Island!!) But if you want a quiet night that's okay as well!! Rooms are great a variety of prices which also means there is a nice mixture of guests. We just loved it and by the end we felt almost like we were at home!!! I can't imagine that there is a better resort anywhere in Vanuatu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a private 25 hectare island just 2 minutes crossing from the mainland. Oyster Island Resort resides within a Marine Reserve, abundant in marine and wild life. Sandy beaches, tropical rainforest, coral reefs and war plane wrecks make for fantastic snorkelling. Bungalows line the waters edge, each with private decks or patio's, enjoying stunning views out over the calm lagoon waters. Family Vila allow room for parents and children to enjoy the large grounds and gardens and are set off the water for safety. Skilled Chefs serve the very best of local and western cuisine from our waterfront restaurant. Only 20 minutes from the airport and township. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Oyster Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Island Hotel Luganville
- Oyster Island Resort Vanuatu/Luganville