“Absolutely Amazing”

Aore Adventure Sports & Lodge
Ranked #1 of 15 Tours in Luganville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come and dive on Santo's premier dive boat and if you are looking for a great place to stay Espiritu Santo's newest private beach house is waiting for you.Situated on your own 200m white sandy beach in a self contained contemporary villa on Aore Island , just a short 10min boat ride from Luganville.We are a PADI dive resort and run our new dive vessel from right out front, diving the world famous SS President Coolidge and all the other local reef sites and wrecks. We also dive sites that no other operator can due to our boat capabilities. The villa sleeps 6 adults in comfort and has a fully self contained kitchen and bar b q area and there is one of the top local restaurants and bar less than 5 mins walk away.For non divers there is plenty to do with tours to caves, pristine spring fed blue holes, great beaches, jungle treks plus many other activities, or just lay around and enjoy your own private beach.Snorkel right out the front or enjoy a paddle over the reef with our complementary kayaks.
“Absolutely Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Just spent 5 days diving with Paul from Aore Adventure - had an amazing time. The diversity of dive sights was great - Santo is well known for The Coolidge & Million Dollar Point, Paul also took us to Fantastic Reef, Cindys Reef, the Sub Nets, Tutuba, Tui Tawaite(another wreck) and the best drift dive ever at Aore Wall.
The boat is by far the best dive boar we have experienced in the South Pacific. Full Boar, is custom built for both comfort & safety - with safety being a key focus for Paul & his crew. The onboard snacks were also delicious - thank you Lyndal.
As the non diver in the partnership, I also had a wonderful time, thoroughly enjoyed the experience and was very well catered for.
Overall we had an amazing time - having been to Santo diving on previous occassions Aore Adventures is a cut above & we would most certainly recommend anyone coming to Santo contact Paul at Aore Adventure Sports for an amazing experience.

Visited February 2014

Brisbane, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Had a blast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had a blast diving with Paul and Alfred on the Coolidge. We did 5 dives on the wreck and I think we could do another 50 and still not see everything she has to offer. The night dive was special with the Lantern fish putting on a great show but my favorite was the engine room to chain locker internal dive. We are definitely coming back to do the bow to stern. Paul's gear is all first rate and post dive food very yummy. We liked that you were in a small group so everything was very personalized.

Visited January 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“great chill out spot value for your $”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

has to be the best spot to get away & only a 2 hr flight from brisbane , enter a stress free world.,, A1 accomodation at Aore lodge,, great dive & fish at your doorstep & brilliant hosts in paul & lyndell ,, lodge can cater for a couple to a family with great comfort..highly tip a trip to Aore lodge to chill out & relax....

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent dives on the Coolidge and Million Dollar Point”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

I went diving with Aore Adventure and Sports in December 2013 and had an excellent experience. I found Paul and Alfred brilliant hosts and their boat top of the line. I had completed about 15 dives prior to these dives and the Coolidge dives was the deepest I had done. Using the boat allowed for access to the stern of the ship without a long swim, and subsequent high air consumption, from the shore. Alfred was my dive master and during our dive his clear knowledge of the Coolidge and vast experience was obvious. We penetrated the engine room and traveled through the corridors of the ship into the doctors office before surfacing up a mooring line. After a great meal during our surface interval we dived Million Dollar Point. Million Dollar Point was quite a spectacle in that it is tons of machinery sticking out at all angles down the slope leading from the beach into the channel.

When I return to Vanuatu I intend to dive with Aore Adventure Sports and Lodge. I highly recommend them.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Diving in Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Having logged a few hundred dives over the past 5 years I have spent my fair share of time on liveaboards and dayboats experiencing some of the best diving the world has to offer. Places like Walindi and Lissenung in PNG or the Ribbon Reefs on the Great Barrier Reef are some of my most memorable moments.

So when it came time to take a trip to Santo to dive the Coolidge I was greeted with a pleasant surprise.

Meet Paul and Lyndel, two people who after running one of Australia’s most successful dive shops on the Sunshine Coast in Australia, decided for a sea change and took their slice of Paradise on Aore Island located just off the mainland of Espiritu Santo.

When I was first greeted by Paul and boarded "Full Boar" it didn't take long to realise that this was easily the nicest and most equipped day boat in its class that I have ever had the pleasure of diving on.

With a 15 minute journey along the Segond channel we had arrived at the famous SS President Coolidge, one of the most coveted ship wreck dive sites in the world. After a history and dive brief from local legend and national "Alfred" who has logged enough dives on the Coolidge to be able to navigate it in his sleep, we were off into the deep blue to explore what the Coolidge has to offer.

The sheer size of the Coolidge is hard to grasp and will have you in awe, stretching over 600 feet from bow to stern! Its huge cargo holds still contain the remnants of military equipment and supplies from WWII and a trip to the Medical Supplies room you will see that blood supplies are still kept.

Back on deck you will be treated to one or two of Lyndel's famous Santo beef rolls, if that's not enough reason to return to the Coolidge with Aore Adventure Sports. My mouth is starting to water right now....

After spending the day diving the Coolidge or Million Dollar point it’s time to return back to the lodge for an ale or two in what can only be deemed as paradise looking out over the foreshore and Segond channel from your own private self-contained lodge.

Sleeping up to 6 people it offers fantastic value for money and there is a house reef stretching half a kilometre which you can explore with mask and snorkel. Who knows, if you're lucky you might even meet one of the resident Dugongs!

Maybe I will see you there, as I have no doubt that I will return.