“Snorkeling was amazing!”
Review of Million Dollar Bay

Million Dollar Bay
Ranked #4 of 25 things to do in Luganville
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The waves were really rough the day that we went but we managed to get in the water and do some snorkeling, very colorful decent size fish. Amazing how they live among the military debris left behind by the US Army. Worth a visit if you will get in the water, otherwise you wont see much there.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Heaps of US military equipment just 20m from shore to see, but your experience is highly dependent on whether the water is clear or not. If its rained heavily recently don't expect to see much.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I did my first ever dive at Million Dollar Point with Aquamarine and my partner snorkelled. I didn't need any qualification to do the dive as it was an "introductory dive". If you are keen to give diving or snorkelling a go I would recommend Million Dollar Point. Rehan was a great instructor and made me feel really safe. I really enjoying the part of the dive where we swam up the ship, which is something you can't do snorkelling. As it was a bit windy on the day it was also clearer diving as the first meter was rather turbid. I would recommend choosing a calm day.

1  Thank Lorna Louise T
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is well worth a visit - but you need a nice calm day to get the best out this. For us the ocean was perfect and its really eerie to be snorkelling among the cannons and various detritus left by the US. There was lots of fish around as well which made it more fun and I would highly recommend a visit here when on Santo Island.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Just go here in a car or taxi, take your snorkel gear shouldn't take more than 2 hours. Well worth it.