“Excellent experienced dive operator”

SS President Coolidge
Ranked #2 of 25 things to do in Luganville
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Great diving with Allan and his team of local diver guides. Great knowledgeable team, very professional. Even though we went quite deep and into the shipwreck I felt very safe, they were constantly watching and checking we were all ok. I didn't hire any gear but from what I saw it was good stuff, and the hire prices were pretty good.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"bucket list"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed January 18, 2014

A fantastic wreck and I'd recommend spending several days so you can properly explore it. Just be careful which dive operator you select.

I went with a company which seemed to have a good online profile and we're responsive, but wished I'd checked them out further. Not all companies keep their insurance up to date, and this operator didn't carry a spare tank, let alone emergency oxygen in the van!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is just a fantastic wreck and for any diver interested in WW2 wrecks this is a must. As the ship was purposely run onto the reef after striking mines, the wreck is only 1oo meters from the beach so all dives are shore dives. You drop down through the shollow coral gradens then onto a sandy slope to the bow of the Coolidge at arounf 20 meters. From this point onwards the ships drops down the side off a reef to a maximum depth of 80 odd meters (However most of our dives were above 50 meters.) The ship itself is lying on its left side is still in pretty good condition. However 70 years is a long time and the wreck is starting to show signs of its age, so I'd recommend getting to see it as soon as possible before it becomes unsafe...

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I have always dived with Aquamarine because if their dedication to safety and the true wreck dining expeience. Their dive guides and operator have the most expertise when it comes to technical diving. No one can match them. On my last visit with Aquamarine in January 2014, I found they had relocated not only their office (now sharing with 'The Espiritu' hotel in the Main Street) but they also have a new access at the dive site. This allows Aquamarine to have the shortest walk and shortest swim to the bow of the. Coolidge. They are currently constructing shade, showers, toilets, tank fill station, cafe and bar. When it's finished, Aquamarine will not only be the best technical dive operator in Santo but easily have the best pre and post dive facilities on the island. Good for you Aquamarine for being innovative and making diving even easier and more enjoyable.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My partner and I just completed our PADI open water course with Allan Power diving and did about five dives at the Coolidge site. The man-made coral garden is a beautiful place to start the dive with huge variety of fish swimming around while you make your decompression stop. The dive site is easy access as you are able to walk in from the shore. We found visibility to be very good and the wreck itself is unbelievable, five dives certainly wasn't enough for us and we can't wait to visit the Coolidge again. Would definitely recommend diving with Allan Power as he has the most experience with the wreck and the daily tea and bun stop at his house provided us with so much information and history about the wreck.