“Great Wreck Dive...For Experienced Divers”

SS President Coolidge
Ranked #2 of 25 things to do in Luganville
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a great wreck dive and there is enough to see for 5-8 dives. Most of the dives are pretty deep. The Lady is at 145 feet, the engine room at 150 feet, swimming pool at 180 feet and the stern at 200+ feet. You should have good buoyancy, be comfortable in wrecks and have reasonable air consumption to dive this wreck. The dives are fun and if you go with right dive shop you will feel totally comfortable. Ask your dive shop about the night dive to see the flashlight fish, it is spectacular.

There are three major dive shops in town. I visited each one. I immediately ruled Aquamarine Divers out because I read a report that one of their customers had died diving the wreck. When I talked to them it was a bit sketchy what had happened. I dove one day with Santo Island Divers and was not pleased with the operation. (see my review under their name) I ended up diving five days with Allan Powers and I would highly recommend their shop for all divers (see my review under their name)

1  Thank ksiddel
There are newer reviews for SS President Coolidge

Reviewed October 12, 2013

SS President Coolidge was my first wreak dive, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Alan Power explained the history, and various theories, which were useful insights. Coolidge set a high standard, and subsequent reef dives have been rather dull in comparison. Highly highly recommended

1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We did 3 dives on coolidge and they were all boat dives. The penetration in the wreck is very impressive. I went down to 41m will going to Lady. Once inside you realise how big the ship is.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

So after about ten visits to the island I finally got talked into it with my brother divers convincing me. Awesome, amazing and spectacular. Wish I had done it ages ago and if you do only one thing on Santo...do this.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Amazing dive. Better then i expected. It is so big you can dive it several times and still see something new.