“True adventure - amazing”
Review of Millenium Cave

Millenium Cave
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Luganville
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Loved the local guide; walking through mountain villages, the cave, the river, the scenery, jungle, rain, mud... wow.

1  Thank lynnyvette

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We went on the cave tour in March, after a very heavy raining episode. We were just the two of us with a guide and we enjoyed our tour a lot. Well, actually, I didn't really enjoy the canyoning part of the tour, I was too busy freaking out... But it was awesome. Swimming with tons of fishes in the middle of the rainforest with waterfalls going down massive cliffs is an amazing experience.
The guide was very helpful, very friendly and he shared lots of his knowledge with us. At the end of the tour, we even had the chance to try and share some lap lap (Vanuatu traditional dish) with people from the village. It was very nice to discover a bit of Vanuatu this way, learning how life goes on in the villages.
Definitely worth it! But you need to be quite fit to go there. Something important as well is to be very careful with any kind of cuts/grazes you get there. We both had a minor cut on a leg, it got infected very quickly and we now have a massive scar. Bring antiseptic solution with you and don't hesitate to use it!

2  Thank LaGrandeBlonde
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My son and I went on the cave tour this January and enjoyeed it except.......The trip to the cave was a tuff journey (be sure to bring reef walkers) if you have them. VERY SLIPPERY muddy trail, not for the young or novis hiker. The treck was dangerious and tuff. Be aware the cave is FULL of bats and lots of guano. I had some small cuts my legs and when I walked the 1/2 mile thru the cave they got infected with flesh eating bacteria. The infection started out as minor and grew to a MAJOR hospital stay and I'm still fighting off the infection 3 months latter. I could have died. I have been to other south pacific islands over the years and would rate the Millenium cave tour as 4-5 on a 1-10. If you want a REAL cave tour go see Fiji.

2  Thank beaver61201
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Marvellous tour. The guides are friendly and take great care of you. You do need to be fairly fit to enjoy this tour that includes walking in the bush and a cave, scrambling over rocks, swimming and canyoning.

Make sure you take some food along.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is the best tour in Santo. Trekking, caving canyoning and swimming in one tour. You need to be reasonably fit but the tour is very well secured. This is real Vanuatu adventure and the guide are just too nice and careful. Take some snack to recover some energy in the middle of the tour!! Love it.