“Great day out”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Marvellous tour. The guides are friendly and take great care of you. You do need to be fairly fit to enjoy this tour that includes walking in the bush and a cave, scrambling over rocks, swimming and canyoning.

Make sure you take some food along.

Visited November 2012

• Korean first
Port Vila, Vanuatu
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Soft Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is the best tour in Santo. Trekking, caving canyoning and swimming in one tour. You need to be reasonably fit but the tour is very well secured. This is real Vanuatu adventure and the guide are just too nice and careful. Take some snack to recover some energy in the middle of the tour!! Love it.

Visited February 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great tour...take good shoes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant tour, highly recommended to all fit and health people however we had a slightly older lady on our tour and the guides took great care of her in all the tricky parts.

There had been some rain the previous day so the walking track was quite slippy even though they have done extensive work on it making it easy for most to use. I recommend you take good shoes with ankle support to avoid injury, being a mountaineer I thought I knew best and only took flip flops....mistake!

Great local tour and the money gets ploughed straight back to the village, they are starting up a local children's project whilst we were there.

1 Thank Scubatris
Tumbi Umbi Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Fantastic. Wouldn't recommend this trip for the unfit or people who dislike scrambling around slippery rocks.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Bruce S
Melbourne, Australia
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A life threatening highlight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I heard that this tour was hard, but I think I should warn you it's also quite dangerous. I would only suggest it to the fit and healthy and certainly not the young and old. Having said that it is the top highlight of our trip to Vanuatu second only to the erupting volcano on Tanna!

Every second of the trip was exciting, even the bus ride through the jungle was fun (hold on tight!). Our guide pointed out various plants and vegetables along the slippery muddy path. The porter will carry your bag for you, which is a good idea as you have a big day ahead of you, and that will stay dry with your lunch, when your parted from your bag, pretty much everything will get wet, though one guy in our tour managed to keep his camera dry going though the cave.

The cave is amazing and is the star of the day, but I think the scenery afterwards was more beautiful. It involves climbing over boulders with rapids whooshing below you and and rickety bamboo ladders. And these coupled with quite a strong current is the part I think is the most dangerous. The guides always had a very good grip on me when I looked like I might stubble so that was reassuring.

I was a bit confused trying to book the tour, as there seemed to be different companies you could book it through, but I couldn't get any information as to which was better than the other. I think in reality, the tour operator simply drives you to the village and pays the chief, and the guides are from thee village anyway. And the costs seem to be all about the same. Though I heard that booking thorough the place near the market is cheaper.

Visited January 2013