“Worth the dislocated finger!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Luganville
adelaide
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Worth the dislocated finger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

This is without a doubt one of the most amazing experiences of my life! You walk through the jungle to the village, and from the village you trek to the cave, you descend into the cave by absailing down a waterfall, unfortunately for me I dislocated my finger at a 90 degree angle the wrong way doing this, I put the finger back into the joint ( you bet that hurt!!!!), got to the bottom of the rope, cooled down in the waterfall, refused to go back and continued the 8-9 hour trek...and it was worth every minute of it!!!! after going through the cave you come out into a river of pure crystal clear emerald green fringed with ferns and jungle high above you on the towering canyon walls! Absolute paradise!! floating down that river is amazing, with many waterfalls cascading in either side, the climb back to the top is a bit of a challenge with a dislocated swollen black finger, but the views are sensational! The guides were very helpful, especially Daniel who looked after me when I hurt myself, he even carried my camera for me :-) If you do nothing else in Santo : DO THIS!!!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank pathwinder

• Korean first
Wellington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A day of adventure and beauty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I loved this day trip. Walking in the bush and seeing some of the most amazing sights in Vanuatu. The caving and canyoning were scary and exhilirating. The whole experience was well crafted with a lot of little elements to keep you interested throughout the day. Be perpared to get wet, astounded and exhausted. Bring a packed lunch, with extra to share.

Sydney
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice cave, a long day for little reward though”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Had a good day out, but it was a long day for little reward. We were unlucky and couldn't do the canyoning after the cave due to safety. (Strong currents after heavy rain, two people broke their legs a few days previous). I imagine this would have significantly enhanced our trip. Even so next time I'll spend my free day elsewhere.

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Breathtaking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

The millenium caves are an amazing experience. It is pretty much an all day tour. Take a packed lunch and plenty of water!
We set out on our tour expecting beautiful scenery and a trek that required a reasonable amount of fitness. You definitely need to be fit, as it is a full day of canyoning and trekking, but it is definitely worth every second! What you see is absolutely breathtaking, something that not many people get to see! our guides were great, very knowledgeable and friendly!

2 Thank sarz04
Dunedin, New Zealand
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A great (hard) day!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Had the best day on the Millenium Caves tour! Was such an experience being lead around by the village people who were happily wearing jandals while we were all wearing sneakers/reef shoes. Definitely recommend it for absolutely anyone!!! A long hard day but VERY WORTHWHILE!! also take a good lunch with you!! and plenty of water!!

Visited December 2011