“scary” 4 of 5 bubbles

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“scary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

Best to do when they haven't had high rainfall....but still enjoyable

Visited November 2011

• Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Well worth it...but not for the faint hearted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

We organised our trip through Paradise Tours and the drive was in a comfortable 4WD with just the two of us and our driver.

The trek (or mission as I like to call it) started a bit earlier for us as we decided to jump out of the car due to road works and walk an extra 15 minutes or so - this isn't advisable, but we had no idea what we were going to be in for. After crossing a bamboo bridge we made it to the village where the whole day was explained to us in detail. It comprised of:
Approx. 1 hour walk through forest, 30 mins walk through a beautiful high ceiling 300m long cave which became pitch black very soon and the water ranges from ankle to waist deep, have lunch, 30 mins canyoning, 45 minutes swimming, fish feeding and walking (crawling) over more rocks, and this was my favourite as I didn't see this coming when they said it was approx. 35 mins uphill, you literally climb ladders and do a bit of an improvised rock climb (unless you are very good at keeping yourself upright up steep angles), but after this you walk on a heaven-sent grassy path back to the village.

This rates as one of my greatest achievements, because when we got back to the village the driver looked at us in surprise and said we were 2 hours early, most people take 6 hours - we took 4 with our extra walk tacked on the front of the tour.

My tips : Do not do this if you aren't capable of walking at least an hour or 2 at a brisk pace normally (without slippery terrain). The route is slippery and I would have had more fun if it was not for all the falling I did, so make sure your shoes have good tread on them as my pair was ready to get thrown out. You will get wet, so pack some dry clothes and a towel for your car ride back to the resort. Take a waterproof, shock absorbent camera (if you are as prone to falling over as me) if you want to take pictures of the caves and waterfalls . Take a watch so you don't finish early, bruised and battered. If you are afraid of the dark, crickets, swallowing insects or scared of getting bird and bat poo on you - do not do the cave, but then again the cave is the whole point of doing this. Get your resort to pack you a lunch with water, the guides carry this on a dry track for you, so put some items in there you would like to have kept dry. They take the lunch pack back with them after your lunch so you can put your 'keep dry' items in there for when you return to the village.

This is worth doing as it is something a lot of people will never get the chance to dol, but do not say you haven't been warned. :)

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Dishlicker
hobart
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic day out.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

The Millenium Cave Tour was one of the best adventures we have ever had. It was VERY hard work for us and I would not recommend this trip for the faint hearted, as it is fairly challenging in places, but if you are fit and like an advenure plus don't mind the dark and bats flying about it is a great walk/swim.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank kez93
california
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

Our cave tour was arranged through paradise tours which was great. It was my husband and I and we went with Tony. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. Driver Daniel was entertaining as well.

Visited August 2011