“Revisit to Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu”

Village de Santo Resort
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Luganville
Reviewed March 1, 2012

After 40 years absence we revisited Santo Island two weeks ago. We stayed at Village de Santo Hotel.

The rooms were very clean and spacious. The staff were most helpful and friendly. The pool was excellent after a hot day out visiting. The restaurant was excellent.

We were very pleased with our stay - the only downside is that none of the rooms have air-conditioning. However most of the year this is not necessary and the ceiling fans are quite adequate during the hot, humid time we were there.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Villagedesantoresort, Owner at Village de Santo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Hello Edward,

I am very sorry we were on a short holiday break when you visited and missed a visit by such an honoured guest.

I would love to have met you in person and heard your stories of 40 years ago in Santo.

I heard on the local grape vine( tam tam ) all the news of where you visited and so glad you met Caroline Nalo, she is a good friend of mine and we work on the Music and Cultural Festival Committee together and managed to go to Hog Harbour.

I believe Joel Path look after you very well too.

Lisa and the staff said you were very comfortable and happy with the Resort,food and the changes in Santo.

Thank you again for the lovely review,

Bev

There are newer reviews for Village de Santo Resort

Reviewed February 8, 2012

My husband and I along with our 12 year old son, stayed at Village De Santo, and it was great, the staff are very friendly, could not fault the place really, The food was excellent, we did have plans to go and try a few other places in Luganville, but the food at Village De Santo was just to good... I even made a request for something simple one night and the chef was only to happy to make me what ever I wanted, we met some lovely people during our stay and had a very relaxing holiday, Bev and Nabil were excellent hosts and really made us feel welcome.
Also has to be the best coffee in Santo.. My husband is a diver so I had a few days to myself where I had a lovely massage from Rose, brilliant... one of the best massages I have had.. I would definately go back..

Room Tip: all rooms are the same, GREAT
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My partner & I loved our stay at Village De Santo. The rooms were amazing value for money, the food at the restaurant was exceptional & the help we received from Bev & Nabil was great!

We went with no plans & they were more than happy to give us advice of where to go & to organise anything we needed.

We ate sometimes at the hotel & in town. We definitely recommend the Chinese in the blue building the other end of town - or if you are after cheap eats the building next to the fruit market is great.

We felt we got great value for money & loved our holiday here. We definitely recommend!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Village De Santo for 12 days and they were the best 12 days we have had in a long time. The staff gave great service and always had a smile for you. The food was second to none and Bev and Nabil try wherever possible to use the local produce. The units were clean and the whole resort was extremely well kept. Both Bev and Nabil went out of their way to make the stay as enjoyable as possible which included organizing tour days. All in all, it was value for money and we are looking forward to staying with them again.
Sven and Doris

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Right from the start we were so warmly welcomed. We travelled with a group that stayed for a week. Bev & Nabil were so accommodating with a wealth of information about local life and site seeing. Rooms were lovely. The music night in the restaurant was fantastic. I loved the staff & their beautiful smiles are a lovely memory for us. We miss them.
Village de Santo made our stay.

Annette & Neil

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nettie254
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week in July and had an amazing time. The rooms were large and airy and a short walk to town. The managers were fantastic and what really made a for wonderful stay. They were insightful into the local customs and bent over backwards to accommodate us, whether it was lending us there personal flippers for snorkeling, to organizing fresh fish and crayfish to be caught for us. The restaurant had mouthwatering food and we ate here most nights. The local kava night is not to be missed.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank SydneyGal76
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Village is probably the best value for money in Santo island. As the other reviews said the rooms are big and quite nice. The pool is small, and sometimes there is not enough place for everyone staying at Village. Therefore a little inconvenient if you travel with small kids. The food is average and there is almost nothing to eat at the breakfast buffet. However I don't want to complain due to fact that the prices are low. The best food you can find in Santo is in french restaurant Le Jarden which is just in town, 5 min by taxi from the hotel.
The trip to the local modern village that the hotel organizes is in my opinion just waist of a holiday time. The beach near the hotel is not suitable for use and we always drove to Champagne beach or Lonoc. All in all the Village a good value for money, especially if you are in Santo for diving, but if you travel with small travelers consider other options.

Room Tip: F10 is the biggest i think.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

EI Johns
Thank you for taking the time to review Village de Santo Resort.

Breakfast included is tropical continental- We hope you did get to sample our home-made bread and jams.

We welcome your comments and relayed them to our Chef , our cooked breakfast menu is always on offer for hearty eaters for reasonable cost also.

I am sorry you thought the famous Segond Chanel was the Beach.
I know the girls in house keeping enjoyed watching your two small children having fun in the pool.
I think the whole population of Santo will agree with you in saying the most amazing beaches in the world are a short drive along the newly finished East Coast road or the Champagne Coast as its now known.

Our location is perfect to get out and we encourage our guests to explore what Santo has to offer and where in the world can you get to town for $2 AUD.

Our Restaurant serves modern cuisine with a tropical twist! A very different style of dining.We also practice sustainable tourism this I am very passionate about.I insist we use local produce - organic and fresh.

Thank you so much for highlighting the fact that we are great for the Dive community this is a growing market for Village de Santo Resort.

Tangkyu tumas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Luganville
The Espiritu
#6 of 15 in Espiritu Santo
Ratua Private Island
Ratua Private Island
#2 of 10 in Luganville

Been to Village de Santo Resort? Share your experiences!