A really great place. The villas are exceptionally nice, and the rest of the resort is a little slice of heaven. With only about 10 villas in total you never feel like anyone else is around and the island itself feels isolated but with everything you need. Each villa is only about 3m from their own beach and they are well spaced out for privacy. There is no air conditioning, so windows always stay open which means that the villa loses a bit of privacy as the main pathway passes a few metres behind (but only an issue when those at villas beyond yours are going to dinner). No tvs, stereos etc... but plenty of great spots to read a book and relax. The snorkeling around the island (like in front of the villa) was amongst the best we saw in Vanuatu. New spa over the water is nice also.
The staff are very friendly and will organise any activities you like. Alcohol list is quite good with a few nice cocktails and a reasonable wine list. Food is the only downside - its a bit hit and miss, sometimes very nice, but consistent problems with meals, which is dissapointing when theres no other options. No mini bars to snack from either.
Would definately recommend to others, especially with opening discounted offer current.
From we what we saw of other resorts Ratua is in a class of its own in vanuatu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ratua Island is a wild, magical place with authentic people who offer a simple and warm reception in a naturally beautiful environment. There are 13 individual 200-year-old Indonesian villas that have been specially reconstructed on sites offering stunning views with a private deck or beach. Located in the Vanuatu Archipelago, off the South East tip of Espiritu Santo, Ratua is only a 30-minute motorboat journey from the mainland on our own private motor launch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ratua Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ratua Private Island Hotel Luganville
- Ratua Private Island Vanuatu/Luganville