“A shame for Wilcannia”
Review of Wilcannia Motel

Wilcannia Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wilcannia
Wilcannia Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wilcannia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Wilcannia is a great place to stop and visit but sadly there is nowhere decent to stay. This motel is old and dated which is fair enough - you don't expect 5 star, but the bed is absolutely shocking and feels like it is 30 years old. The bathroom cleanliness is terrible. Obviously doesnt get vacuumed or mopped. Old and dated dated doesnt mean that it has to be dirty or uncomfortable. I would not recommend the other motel in town either. It is the same although it is a bit cleaner.

Room Tip: There is no good room!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
12  Thank Judi B

Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed here after driving 860km from Katoomba – in hindsight, I should have driven the extra 197km to Broken Hill. I knew to expect something basic, but even then I was disappointed. The room had a double bed and single bed, a wooden desk with kettle, TV & tea/coffee. The alcove leading into the bathroom had the basin, a wardrobe and large bar fridge. Finally, the toilet & shower recess. The bed was reasonably comfortable, with linen in need of replacement. The air conditioning was very noisy. The towel supplied was tiny and decrepit, so I used my own.

I had full Next G internet & mobile phone reception. I doubt laundry or room service are available. Given a lack of cooking facilities, I was advised at reception I could buy a steak from them and cook it on the outdoor bbq (but I had no cutlery or crockery). There was no supermarket in town. So I went to the petrol station and was told no food was being offered as they had done their stock count for stock take. I had no dinner that night, and woke up before sunrise to hit the road out of that town.

Room Tip: avoid this town at all costs!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
18  Thank aussie_shark_girl
Reviewed February 15, 2012

The rooms are large and the bed is very comfortable. Cleaned every day and serviced thoroughly. I looked past the fact my name may have been rubbed out of the pencil manual booking system. The rooms have a good size fridge, a kettle and a toaster, and a microwave if requested. Best bring supplies as there is only one small shop with somethings that are very expensive, and others at inner major city prices. There is only one place to eat - the chinese at the golf club, although you can get a rump or t-bone that is huge. There is a shared barby which we used and ate under a beautiful shady tree - although repellant was useless and we were carried away by mosquitoes. The room is airconditioned, and quiet. Note there were no light globes in the decorative lights above the bed - so when lights are out - they are out. The occasional dog roams around, or local pet emu. Snakes and wild pigs sighted. A truly bush experience.

Room Tip: Check in by phone regularly to ensure you have not been rubbed out.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank MarieS1
Reviewed April 16, 2010

The rooms are very basic in the typical low end motel style. Painted brick walls etc. Beds are ok and not too hard like some cheaper motels. This hotel is ok for sleeping if you don't expect too much

6  Thank George_Of_Sydney

Been to Wilcannia Motel? Share your experiences!