“Great weekend”

Ranked #2 of 7 Coverack B&B and Inns
Wotton-under-Edge, United Kingdom
“Great weekend”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Just spent the weekend at The Paris Hotel, we used it as our base for our coastal walks. We had a lovely time there, room was really clean and fresh, the staff were polite and friendly, and the food was very good, we could not have asked for more. Shame the weather wasn't too good! We would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to our friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
lichfield
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Another visit to the Paris hotel in Coverack.
as usual the food was great. Lovely fresh fish from the specials menu. The rooms have had a very recent make over with great results.
The Sunday lunch is always good but its worth booking to get a nice table by the window to get the best views.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was the second time I have stayed at the Paris, and since then, the rooms have had a total refurb. They weren't bad before, but now they really are in keeping with the coastal theme and very Britt decorated with good quality furniture!

The Paris is always a pleasure to stays and visit. Locals are exceptionally friendly, the bar staff helpful, the beers are always in good condition and the Cornish Ploughmans I had for dinner was awesome.

The landlord Ian always go out of his way to make gusts comfortable and I literally cannot wait to get back there!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ChristianKaye
Bucks
Reviewed April 5, 2013

It has been ten years or so since I stayed at "the Paris", I have been in the pub many a time on my trips to Coverack.
The rooms have been completely re-furbished since my last stay, I was lucky enough to the first guest to stay in the twin room, what an improvement! The room was decorated in bright blue and white, well appointed with complimenting fixtures and fittings. from the room the view was of sea, ships and cliffs.
The bathroom was excellent with a powerful shower and decorated in the same style as the room, there were a couple of things missing from the room, which were immediately provided by the helpful staff.

Breakfast was fine and served in the restaurant again overlooking the sea, I look forward to another break at this lovely pub.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Leominster, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Easter at the Paris was pure delight! On arrival, we were given a warm and friendly welcome and shown to a stylish, newly furbished room. The sea view room was fresh, comfortable and well heated. We dined in the restaurant on both evenings of our stay and on each occasion enjoyed excellent service and delicious food and wine.
The spinach, brie and mushroom lasagne was especially good and I loved the tasty salad. Breakfast was relaxed and the staff were happy to accommodate our vegetarian preferences and still managed to produce a satisfyingly full English. This is our third Easter at the Paris and we felt that this year's experience was especially special. The smart simplicity of the room and divinely comfortable bed ensured we left feeling rested and looking forward to our return in 2014.

Room Tip: There are only 3 rooms and each has a view of the sea, you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lyon
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was a convenient location for my 3 day road trip around Cornwall.
And what a surprise, the website was showing old fashion pictures and to be honest I was not extremely excited about staying there.

That's why having a good website is important ... it took me 2 days to decide this booking.... and guess what? I don't regret!

The Location:
Coverack is just a nice fisherman place with dramatic views of the sea. The road to go there is ok and you have to go through the village to arrive at the hotel.

The Hotel
The Paris Hotel stands at the end of the port, a beautiful pub/hotel, white and blue.
There's a car park (great!) and the welcome was friendly.

The Room:
That was a shock: on the website room looked bit tired tired and I was ready to have a cold night.
But the hotel has just finished to refurbish it rooms. They look amazing, boutique hotel style. Blue&white, comfortable... nothing missing . Clean bathroom with shower. It was warm with a lot of light and sea view from the bedroom window. That was the place I really wanted to book and could not find on internet when I planned the trip.

The Food:
I had diner (on my own... yes could be sad but it was ok... this was a road trip on my own so I could do whatever I want whenever I want). The cornish cider helped a little :-) Friendly service, lovely fresh food, nice and warm atmosphere. Price wise, London prices for the food ... but if quality is ok, I don't mind (£24 for starter and main + 2 pints)
Breakfast was also good, facing the sea. Full english, nice coffee (I guess from an expresso machine ... which I totally prefer to traditional coffee machine).

I work for a n hotel group so I know what I'm talking about. Excellent value for price for this hotel, will go back but I guess that it will be more and more fully booked with the new bedrooms design !

Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
avignon
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had an excellent Sunday lunch at the Paris Hotel, there was a wide selection of meats & vegetables with the lightest Yorkshire puds I have ever had, it was all delicious!!
The location is exceptional, the inn is on the edge of a cliff looking out across the sea, simply spectacular!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coverack
The Bay Hotel
#2 of 2 in Mullion
Cadgwith Cove Inn
Cadgwith Cove Inn
#1 of 2 in Cadgwith

Been to The Paris Hotel? Share your experiences!