“Brilliant!”

The Old Lifeboat House
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Coverack
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Farnborough
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Damien and his team are very talented chefs and this shows in the quality of the menu. A seafood restaurant situated right on the harbour with fantastic views across the bay. I am a vegetarian so was a little concerned about choice but after discussions with Damien a suitable meal was agreed which was, of a very high standard. The rest of the party were all meat and fish eaters and agreed the food was of excellent quality and presentation. We had two superb meals at the Old Lifeboat House during our very short stay and will certainly book again when next in the area. The staff were friendly and attentive and I cannot fault the whole dining experience. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Shirley A

Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Perfect seaside cuisine”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

During our stay in Coverack my family and I decided to spend an evening here. The setting was stunning, the was food delicious and the service was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the village. The following night we sampled the fish and chip take-away at the other end of the building and similarly the service and the quality of the food was perfect.

2 Thank Matt P
Norwich
“Really enjoyable food”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had dinner at The Old Lifeboat House on Saturday 19th August. We booked last minute their was plenty of availability. I saw the bad review and decided that it was possibly down to the customer. I am glad I didnt take any notice of it as our meal was wonderful. My husband had Tulbot and I had the steak all served with vegetables. We both had 2 courses plus cider and beer and it cost just under £50. Their are wonderful views from the restaurant, good parking the village was really busy due to Lifeboat weekend but added to the atmosphere.

1 Thank A W
Sherborne, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Food .... & Fish&Chips!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We ate in the restaurant twice & also had the takeaway fish & chips...it was all wonderful local food & the chef came & chatted to us, well, to explain what kernow skink was ( it was delicous! ) The weather was awful so no lovely view, but it didnt matter.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank gypsy064
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fresh "melt in the mouth" fish and chips”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I've had takeaway fish and chips TWICE from here this week. The first time I played it safe and went for the haddock - yum yum! It was lovely, soft and fresh with a great flavour. Yesterday I was braver and had the Megrim Sole as the staff assured me I wouldn't notice the skin - they were right. A delicious light fish that wasn't over battered and certainly not allowed to fry dry. Don't contemplate not having the chips - they were light and fluffy on the inside whilst maintaining a crispy, crunchy outside - just right!
The staff were friendly, helpful and didn't bat an eyelid as we pitched up in a group of six adults and six kids all wanting a portion. Yes we waited ten minutes or so - but then the dish was cooked to order - and to perfection.
A lovely meal in a beautiful setting.

Haddock chips and drink £8, Megrim Sole approx £4