“Cheeky Staff”

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Cheeky Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Recently moved to Leighton Buzzard and tried this place!

The service is excellent and the staff were always to hand without seeming like they were hanging around.

The food is incredible and they have a small but adequate selection of beers.

We ordered takeaway and paid with card. As I was paying the staff asked very forwardly for a tip which almost ruined the service received.

Overall a great Indian and I will definitely eat in soon so I can leave a tip without being asked!

Bedfordshire
“Very disappointed - expensive mistake”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I bought a VIP card just a year ago which was sold to me at my door. It cost £20 and I was told this would be deducted from my first meal. We didn't use it for a while for a number of family reasons. There was also a voucher attached for a half price dessert and coffee for a second occasion. The card actually gives a second main course free each time you use it. We telephoned to book and asked whether the £20 would be honoured and was assured it would as long as we ate a la carte as they did a banquet offer every night which would not be available using the VIP card. What a con. The waiter did not take on board the promised £20 discount although we were assured he had. Instead he took the second main course free with the half price dessert and coffee offer which was supposed to be the second deal for using the card and not the promised first deal of £20 off the full price. The meal cost us fractionally under £30. We were charged for 2 desserts and one was reduced. As we had only had one dessert this was ridiculous. We were told we had not been charged for coffee although there was £3 on the bill. I tried to point out these errors but was told it was correct. I asked about the supposed reduction of £20 and was told that was what I had had. It became pointless to challenge any more as it was getting nowhere and was pointless. Had I had their banquet which would have been exactly the same meal it would have cost less than I paid and I wouldn't have paid an additional £20 for a card which appeared to be pointless. It was the Moja restaurant who called at the door and took our £20 and the Moja where the card was used. I feel this smacks of a fiddle in benefit of this restaurant. They should honour their promises. The £20 reduction was written on the back of the voucher we were given when we purchased the card so there was no reason for doubt. I will not use this restaurant again. There are lots of Indian restaurants in Leighton Buzzard who would not treat customers in this way. I am grading this restaurant very low as this has coloured my opinion of this restaurant. I have been there before and it had been ok which is why I purchased the card in the first place. The card operates in a similar way to a Taste Card but Moja do not respect the conditions attached to it.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excelent indian resturant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I order alot from this resturant. Easily best curry in leighton buzzard and price if collected 20% off. Food is devine. And allways served with a smile and given a free beer or wine. Defo recommend.

• Visited July 2013
“Excellent Asian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is our first visit to Moja, the décor is contemporary - very pleasant. The staff are extremely helpful and attentive and the food we had was perfectly spiced.

It is not the cheapest 'Indian' in town but we will definitely eat there again. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013
“Best Indian in Leighton Buzzard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have tested most in the area both takeaway and eat In And have to say this is my favourite by a long shot both in terms of value and taste.. My staple is king prawn Balti which I would definitely recommend, best Balti sauce i've had and plenty of prawns as well.. Discount for takeaway makes it a bargain also..

• Visited December 2012