“Nice weekend break”
Review of The Heath Inn

The Heath Inn
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here on a Saturday night after visiting friends. Nice place and cracking breakfast the following morning. Room was pretty good and bar was excellent.
The manager was a real help as when we arrived after already paying online he didnt have any record of our booking but still managed to fit us in our original room request.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mb1Uk
There are newer reviews for The Heath Inn

Reviewed July 28, 2013

we had our wedding reception here and stayed the night. We had already seen the restaurant set up so knew what to expect and it was stunning. The staff were all really friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much and I didn't hear any of our guest who stayed aswell say anything bad. The food was superb and if I wasn't feeling worse for wear I know the breakfast would have been. We would use the venue again if needed for a party or just a night away. Very good value for money for accommodation and hire of venue.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed at the hotel over the last two weeks and I must say I don't usually write reviews but I felt compelled to this time. The rooms where completely spotless. Some areas showed signs of age. Always without fail I had crisp fresh linen, and refreshments replaced everyday. I spotted a young lady who was professional and very pleasant to help when I asked for something for the room. She did not hesitate to help at all.

All in all staff are friendly, the grounds are interesting, the pub attached has character from what you expect from a local country pub. Stockgrove park is close by and I hear celebrities live near by too. Great to know I was staying next door to a popular location for filming. Interesting.

The menu is a little unexpected for a country pub, they serve gorgeous goat curry as an addition to your more traditional suppers. They have posters advertising wonderful Jazz nights etc.

I had friends stay here last year and didn't think too much of The Heath Inn, but from what I can see things must've changed. I phoned a few times to get a room but unfortunately they'd been booked up so they must be doing very well!

I would without hesitation stay here again. Fab.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stopped here for one night as we were visiting friends in the area. Warmly welcomed, room was apparently recently updated. It was ok, but nothing to write home about. The bathroom was ok, bit musty and all taps ran hot (?) which wasn't great for teeth brushing. Didn't mention it as there weren't many in the way of staff about and we were on a schedule. The breakfast was lush though. The chef was a happy chap and very good at what he does. I'd say he saved the Heaths Bacon because otherwise this would have been a much worse review!

Room Tip: I have no idea as apparently its all been upgraded!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I had stayed at this hotel when it was “The Cock” and I must say the rooms have been updated. The rooms are light, bright and modern but still have the downside of little sound proofing between floors or walls, when one was up we all where up! The bar food was good and value for money. Sean was friendly, if not a little too busy at times. Breakfast was basic, cooked and cereal sat watching the BBC news.
An average hotel but value for the money you pay

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Ive bin stoppin here as a contractor for 2 weeks. In them 2 weeks my room has not been cleaned on 4 occassions even after complaining every time. On 2 nights they have had no chef and ive lived of crisps and nuts as my company gave me an allowence on tab the manager wouldnt give me 2 go and eat else where. In a morning when u come down for breakfast u can wait upto an hour if the young waitresses dnt turn in. Im only 2 days into my 2nd week and have refused to stop here for the final week of our contract. Ive stopped in 100s of hotels over the last 10 years and this is by far the worst ive ever stopped in. :-(

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had a local party to attend and after having read some of the reviews and looked on the web at the pictures of the rooms, I thought this would be a safe bet for a night. Well, I am glad it was only for one night! There was a musty smell when you walked into the building. The room was rather drab with nasty contract carpet that was almost threadbare. The bathroom had nasty stains on the ceiling. The bed was very uncomfortable but worse of all there were no mattress or pillow protectors so I slept in the bed on my towel! The view from the room was unpleasant; Rentokil box and general rubbish, leaves etc. outside the window. We didn't bother waiting for breakfast as it wasn't served until 9 am and we had to get on the road. So all in all, not a good stay!

Room Tip: We were at the back so that may be quieter but cannot think of another good point.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
The Old Palace Lodge Hotel
The Bell Hotel & Inn
The Bell Hotel & Inn
#3 of 3 in Woburn

Been to The Heath Inn? Share your experiences!