“Great value meal and good service”
Review of Mama Rosa's

Mama Rosa's
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Authentic Italian Cuisine. Since opening in 2003 Mama Rosa's has been dedicated to serving fantastically fresh quality food for our customers. We use no microwaves, pre prepared or frozen meals.
Bathgate, United Kingdom
“Great value meal and good service”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My daughter is living in Leighton Buzzard and 5 of us went here for a meal just before Christmas. We were booked for 8pm and every seat in the place was taken.

A good selection on the menu, with a couple of really nice specials. I was surprised at the pricing, I thought it would be more expensive, certainly most Italian restaurants back that we eat in at Edinburgh or Glasgow are much more expensive.

The pate starter is a huge plate of food, but proper home cooked pate which was excellent, other starters included the soup and calamari - every plate was finished. The mains were a combination of Chicken Specials, Pasta Specials, Lasagne and Fillet Steak - all were very very good.

For the really hungry person they have a Pavarotti portion of each dish for an extra £2 - nice idea, but really not needed as the portion sizes are already very generous.

Can't comment on the desserts as none of us had them, too full after a starter and main.

Decent wine selection and again well priced for restaurant wine.

Would definitely recommend this to others and will be back next time I'm visiting my daughter.

The only slight criticism that prevented me giving this 5 stars is they have it pretty well packed in with tables and chairs making it quite tight and loud. A little more space would be nice, but a minor comment.

Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Good food and service”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had a nice meal at Mama Rosa's. The lasagna is authentic and very tasty indeed. Reasonably priced and good service. Would recommend.

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Adequate”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Had a mid-week lunch there. Friendly staff, service okay, but £6 for a plate of pasta with almost no protein or veg is a rip-off.

London
“Quiet and Quaint”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

As a treat my girlfriend booked us a table for supper on a Friday night. The food was fab and the service fairly quick smart even though they were packed out. Lots of italian eating here which tells me something. Good food, good service and good value.

Visited October 2012
Conwy County, United Kingdom
“Disappointed...”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I took my wife for dinner last evening to Mama Rosa after doing a search on TripAdvisor, this place was rated #6 out of over 400 restaurants in Bedfordshire so I rang for a table for two and they could only fit us in at 6:30 on the Saturday as they were fully booked and would need the table back by 8:15. All good so far... Popular place, my expectations were high...

The good points: The chef knows how to cook prawns without them turning to rubber and knows how to cook a fillet steak blue.

The bad points: The staff have no idea how to run front of house. During our time there, all four of the front of house staff visited our table, no one of them was assigned to look after us.

The place was never more than half full whilst we were there and with 1 hour 45 minutes for dinner; they left us so long between our ordering to starter to main course that we did not have time for desert; thankfully. We did ask for a desert menu after asking the waitress if they did a panna cotta and had her tell us she didn't know what a panna cotta was (this is the #6 best restaurant in Bedfordshire right?), when she gave us the desert menu we decided not to push for the extra time as it looked like one of those "out of Iceland's frozen cabinet" menus you get in a cheap Indian restaurants.

Mama Rosa is disappointing, it could so easily be a lovely restaurant and I love simple family run Italian restaurants, but this place does not live up to its #6 position in TripAdvisor. I almost wish there was a rating option for "Lackluster"! I will not be going back.

Oh! One more thing; Powdered parmesan! Guys; nooooo.

1 Thank Andi_McBurnie