“Probably a cultural thing!”
Review of Hotel Oresund

Hotel Oresund
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Landskrona
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I say this as I found the hotel very austere and yet the people/staff were very helpful and friendly.
The corridor to the rooms was like walking down a prison block, probably very secure but unwelcoming. The floors in the bedrooms were all wood, so very noisy and again not very warm or welcoming. The beds are my biggest gripe, two tiny single beds with a tiny duvet which was so light it kept falling off all night. I checked with my colleagues and they also had single beds with tiny covers, maybe there are double ones so I would ask before booking if bed comfort is important.
I was there in the winter and the hotel was always warm so no problems there.
Breakfast is very self service, in fact I actually only saw one person topping up the coffee, again no problems for me as I dont like a fuss at breakfast.
If there was a star between average and very good I would score it there but I just can't say this is very good hence the 3 stars.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 10, 2012

While I am writing this review Swedish artist Magnus Uggla is playing a live concert in a park just a short walk away from my hotel window. Which is nice on a beautiful late summer night in Landskrona. It feels like I am attending the concert due to the high volume.

I have stayed here for a week now, and I will stay here at least two more weeks. I am Landskrona due to work in Øresund Drydocks, and I am so far very satisfied with the hotel.

The people working in the reception is very polite and very proffessional, especially a guy named Josef has been very service minded. When I came back from the yard in the late afternoon / evening I oftenn need to book more rooms for various subsuppliers to my company and this person is Service all over.

The rooms are clean and more than spacious for me. The beds are very good, and the wifi works very good both for my laptop and my smartphone and is free of any charge.

Otherwise the room have more or less all I need, though I would really have liked it if they could added a waterboiler and some complementary choices of the and coffee.

There are two restaurants in the hotel but only one of them are open at the moment. I have only been eating here once as I normally eat onboard the vessel we have at Øresund Drydocks. But the food was descent enough the one time i visited it.

Breakfast is in the same place as the restaurant. And it is a typical, but good, hotel breakfast. Since I have been here a week now I have noticed that it is exactly the same set up for the breakfast each morning; hot effers for breakfast is sausages, scramble eggs and boiled eggs. Otherwise a good variety of good bread and hams, cheese and jams, serials, some fruit and some danish butteries.

There is also a sauna (haven't been there yet) and a gym, which I have tried and it was ok, but not more.

If you have a car, or a rental car as I have, parking is free of charge, but you need to obtain a parking allowance from the reception.

One strange ting; As I am here due to work, and is working long days I like to enjoy a beer, maximum two, after work some days. I asked in the reception (there is no minibar in the room) the second evening if it was ok to bring the beer to the room, to which the reception said; yes off course.

However, even though the cleaning of my room is very good they have not collected the empty beer bottles, nor the glasses, after my first weeks stay here. So one of the tables in my room now have 7 empty Eriksberg bottles and a number of beer glasse standing on it; very disappointing I must say considering that the company I work for spend a lot of money here.

The conclusion must be: nice people working here, clean, good breakfast and quiet location.

Room Tip: There was some fans on a roof outside my room that was very noicy if I had the windows during the ni...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Nice hotel in the beautiful town of Landskrona.
There is a large parking lot at the back. The sea is couple of minutes away from the hotel.

The rooms are very spacious. Generally its comfortable but the single beds are small. The wifi works well. The table has no depth hard to place your laptop.

The bathrooms dont fit the standards of the rooms.

I'd definetly stay there next time in Landskrona.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank meetjoeblack
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed here the night before a business meeting in Landskrona. I was recommended the hotel by my colleagues and it was a lovely, quiet place. There wasn't a big welcome at reception, but I got checked in quickly and directed to my room.
I ate dinner in the restaurant (separate review - see Restaurant Nils Holgersson) and then retired to bed.
The room was spacious enough for me on my own, the facilities were as expected of a European hotel (i.e. no tea/coffee making equipment in the room).
The room was comfortable, warm, the Tv worked and had several English-speaking channels. The bathroom was simple, but functional.
The main thing about this hotel is it he lack of exterior noise - it is in a quiet part of Landskrona and I slept very well. I think the hotel was not very full, which may also have contributed to the lack of noise I heard throughout the night.
In the morning I showered (unisex hand wash at the sink and body wash/shampoo in the shower, so ladies, if you like separate shampoo & conditioner for your hair, bring it with you!) and went downstairs for the breakfast.
There was a very good selection for the number of guests that they had; cereals, hot bacon and eggs, yoghurts, fruits, cheese, cold meats, fish (it IS Sweden!), bread, rolls, pastries and cakes/biscuits. They even had gluten-free muesli and lactose-free milk on display, which I have never seen in a hotel before (you usually have to ask). Juices, milks pots of coffee and hot water for tea (a selection of Liptons tea and also loose tea with which you could make your own teabags!).
There was a lack of staff presence in the dining room,; I didn't know whether I should wait to be seated, but you just walk in and start helping yourself.
Check out was easy. Free wifi, too!
An enjoyable business stay.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank EuropeanTravelGirl
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed at this hotel may years ago and thus missed the building of a new extension. Bit disappointed not to see the old, charming 'turn of the century' interior but the new rooms were large and airy, if a bit impersonal.
The hotel is centrally situated and close to the Hven boats. A bit short of parking space, but otherwise a hotel that matches its star rating.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Our stay at this hotel was actually part business and part leisure. The hotel was chosen for us by the company my husband was visiting, so I am not sure of the value because we did not pay for it directly. After having been in a few other close-quarters rooms in other hotels, this room was a nice change. There was a small desk, two easy chairs and a small table in addition to the bed and some shelving. The location was convenient for me to walk to the grocery store, tourist office, and ferry launch. It is right up the street from the citadel and the waterfront. The best part about the hotel was the front desk staff. They were very helpful at giving me directions, assisting with postage and transmitting messages between my husband and myself. Overall a satisfactory stay. One thing that did make me laugh - the art in our room included a photograph of garlic. Speaking of food, the restaurant in the basement of the place was decent, but we don't speak Swedish and we had difficulty communicating with our waiter. He also neglected to bring us glasses along with the beer we ordered, so we wound up drinking it out of wine glasses.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Nice, but time has passed by. Terrible wireless and no knowledge how to fix from staff. Breakfast dull. Very good fitness centre!

• Stayed: May 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landskrona
Orenas Slott
#1 of 2 in Landskrona
STF Landskrona Vandrarhem
STF Landskrona Vandrarhem
#2 of 2 in Landskrona

Been to Hotel Oresund? Share your experiences!