“Comfortable”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Landskrona
Istanbul, Turkey
“Comfortable”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Nice hotel in the beautiful town of Landskrona.
There is a large parking lot at the back. The sea is couple of minutes away from the hotel.

The rooms are very spacious. Generally its comfortable but the single beds are small. The wifi works well. The table has no depth hard to place your laptop.

The bathrooms dont fit the standards of the rooms.

I'd definetly stay there next time in Landskrona.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank meetjoeblack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Edinburgh
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed here the night before a business meeting in Landskrona. I was recommended the hotel by my colleagues and it was a lovely, quiet place. There wasn't a big welcome at reception, but I got checked in quickly and directed to my room.
I ate dinner in the restaurant (separate review - see Restaurant Nils Holgersson) and then retired to bed.
The room was spacious enough for me on my own, the facilities were as expected of a European hotel (i.e. no tea/coffee making equipment in the room).
The room was comfortable, warm, the Tv worked and had several English-speaking channels. The bathroom was simple, but functional.
The main thing about this hotel is it he lack of exterior noise - it is in a quiet part of Landskrona and I slept very well. I think the hotel was not very full, which may also have contributed to the lack of noise I heard throughout the night.
In the morning I showered (unisex hand wash at the sink and body wash/shampoo in the shower, so ladies, if you like separate shampoo & conditioner for your hair, bring it with you!) and went downstairs for the breakfast.
There was a very good selection for the number of guests that they had; cereals, hot bacon and eggs, yoghurts, fruits, cheese, cold meats, fish (it IS Sweden!), bread, rolls, pastries and cakes/biscuits. They even had gluten-free muesli and lactose-free milk on display, which I have never seen in a hotel before (you usually have to ask). Juices, milks pots of coffee and hot water for tea (a selection of Liptons tea and also loose tea with which you could make your own teabags!).
There was a lack of staff presence in the dining room,; I didn't know whether I should wait to be seated, but you just walk in and start helping yourself.
Check out was easy. Free wifi, too!
An enjoyable business stay.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank EuropeanTravelGirl
Sweden
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed at this hotel may years ago and thus missed the building of a new extension. Bit disappointed not to see the old, charming 'turn of the century' interior but the new rooms were large and airy, if a bit impersonal.
The hotel is centrally situated and close to the Hven boats. A bit short of parking space, but otherwise a hotel that matches its star rating.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Nebraska
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Our stay at this hotel was actually part business and part leisure. The hotel was chosen for us by the company my husband was visiting, so I am not sure of the value because we did not pay for it directly. After having been in a few other close-quarters rooms in other hotels, this room was a nice change. There was a small desk, two easy chairs and a small table in addition to the bed and some shelving. The location was convenient for me to walk to the grocery store, tourist office, and ferry launch. It is right up the street from the citadel and the waterfront. The best part about the hotel was the front desk staff. They were very helpful at giving me directions, assisting with postage and transmitting messages between my husband and myself. Overall a satisfactory stay. One thing that did make me laugh - the art in our room included a photograph of garlic. Speaking of food, the restaurant in the basement of the place was decent, but we don't speak Swedish and we had difficulty communicating with our waiter. He also neglected to bring us glasses along with the beer we ordered, so we wound up drinking it out of wine glasses.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Nice, but time has passed by. Terrible wireless and no knowledge how to fix from staff. Breakfast dull. Very good fitness centre!

• Stayed May 2011
Gothenburg
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Rooms are quite old but clean. Bathroom would need some renovation. I spent one night there visiting a wedding. We probably got a discount, I payed 60 euros for my room, which I thought was ok. I ordered a single room. When I entered the room a got two small beds and asked to switch to a queen sized bed, but it wasn't possible since they said it was full. Anyway I found out that the single rooms doesn't have queen size beds. Breakfast was ok, but I have had better. When I checked out I was charged for a double room and I explained I booked a single room and they sorted it out.

If you could find another hotel, I would rather try that one.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Landskrona hotels

Copenhagen
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Our group of 10 adults visited Hotel Öresund for one night as a present to our father on his 80-years birthday. We had booked two hours of curling, and the "Gourmet-package" comprising stay in business room/suite, "surprise" in the room, a glass of champagne, gourmet dinner with 5 courses and breakfast buffet.
The pictures of the hotel on the website show a lovely old building. The hotel was actually mainly situated in the neighbouring building which was a new uncharming building from the 70'ies. The business rooms were large - but had twin beds which could not be converted to doublebeds at all. Given the choice we would have preferred doublebeds. Our group also got a suite which however was very nice and had a nice view.
The dinner was extremely disappointing. There was no bread served, as the waiter explained, because they would be serving af 5- course dinner with loads of food. The second course was a sorbet - a scoop of sorbet which seemed to be a dessert! The portions were very small. Small portions do not in theirself qualify as "gourmet" food. We were all still hungry after the dinner.
The breakfast buffet had a good selection but was not appetizing at all. The cheese was not easy to slice and it was evident that many had had a go at it!
The staff was not very accomodating and although I had explained several times beforehand that this was an extremely special weekend for us nothing was done to make the weekend memorable for us - in a positive way.
I am really sorry that I chose this hotel for our special treat for our father!! We regularly visit Sweden and have stayed at lovely hotels with attentive staff and the finest food I have tasted - in the same price range as Hotel Öresund.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Dane2400
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landskrona
Radisson Blu Metropol Hotel, Helsingborg
#6 of 20 in Helsingborg
Comfort Hotel Nouveau
Comfort Hotel Nouveau
#7 of 20 in Helsingborg

Been to Hotel Oresund? Share your experiences!