“Good place to be”
Review of Hotel Oresund

Hotel Oresund
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Landskrona
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed at this hotel may years ago and thus missed the building of a new extension. Bit disappointed not to see the old, charming 'turn of the century' interior but the new rooms were large and airy, if a bit impersonal.
The hotel is centrally situated and close to the Hven boats. A bit short of parking space, but otherwise a hotel that matches its star rating.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Oresund

Reviewed May 14, 2011

Our stay at this hotel was actually part business and part leisure. The hotel was chosen for us by the company my husband was visiting, so I am not sure of the value because we did not pay for it directly. After having been in a few other close-quarters rooms in other hotels, this room was a nice change. There was a small desk, two easy chairs and a small table in addition to the bed and some shelving. The location was convenient for me to walk to the grocery store, tourist office, and ferry launch. It is right up the street from the citadel and the waterfront. The best part about the hotel was the front desk staff. They were very helpful at giving me directions, assisting with postage and transmitting messages between my husband and myself. Overall a satisfactory stay. One thing that did make me laugh - the art in our room included a photograph of garlic. Speaking of food, the restaurant in the basement of the place was decent, but we don't speak Swedish and we had difficulty communicating with our waiter. He also neglected to bring us glasses along with the beer we ordered, so we wound up drinking it out of wine glasses.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Nice, but time has passed by. Terrible wireless and no knowledge how to fix from staff. Breakfast dull. Very good fitness centre!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Rooms are quite old but clean. Bathroom would need some renovation. I spent one night there visiting a wedding. We probably got a discount, I payed 60 euros for my room, which I thought was ok. I ordered a single room. When I entered the room a got two small beds and asked to switch to a queen sized bed, but it wasn't possible since they said it was full. Anyway I found out that the single rooms doesn't have queen size beds. Breakfast was ok, but I have had better. When I checked out I was charged for a double room and I explained I booked a single room and they sorted it out.

If you could find another hotel, I would rather try that one.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Our group of 10 adults visited Hotel Öresund for one night as a present to our father on his 80-years birthday. We had booked two hours of curling, and the "Gourmet-package" comprising stay in business room/suite, "surprise" in the room, a glass of champagne, gourmet dinner with 5 courses and breakfast buffet.
The pictures of the hotel on the website show a lovely old building. The hotel was actually mainly situated in the neighbouring building which was a new uncharming building from the 70'ies. The business rooms were large - but had twin beds which could not be converted to doublebeds at all. Given the choice we would have preferred doublebeds. Our group also got a suite which however was very nice and had a nice view.
The dinner was extremely disappointing. There was no bread served, as the waiter explained, because they would be serving af 5- course dinner with loads of food. The second course was a sorbet - a scoop of sorbet which seemed to be a dessert! The portions were very small. Small portions do not in theirself qualify as "gourmet" food. We were all still hungry after the dinner.
The breakfast buffet had a good selection but was not appetizing at all. The cheese was not easy to slice and it was evident that many had had a go at it!
The staff was not very accomodating and although I had explained several times beforehand that this was an extremely special weekend for us nothing was done to make the weekend memorable for us - in a positive way.
I am really sorry that I chose this hotel for our special treat for our father!! We regularly visit Sweden and have stayed at lovely hotels with attentive staff and the finest food I have tasted - in the same price range as Hotel Öresund.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Dane2400
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Simply the worst hotel we've ever stayed in. The beds fall apart, the smell of raw sewage was hard to stand, the whole place was dirty, the bedsheets 1000 years old (like everything else) and the staff was poorly trained.
We paid and went elsewhere!
Hotel Oresund is the place to stay only if you really must.
They charged us 130 EUR. It really is a shameful place for Landskrona and the impression they portrait.
Not even a cheap motel on a Nevada desert road is as crappy as hotel Oresund!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Oh my what can I say - after arriving from Canada fatigued and needing rest, we were in a room that faced the street where the hotel's "wedding guests" spilled onto the streets from midnight to 4:30 a.m. yelling and continuing their party without any intervention from the inept and totally disinterested hotel staff. This is a city where they roll up the sidewalks at 6:00 p.m. - this was totally unexpected and outrageous. We really should have called the police. The hotel staff was not sympathetic the next day and really not very "with it". For southern Sweden, this is an over-priced hotel with very few services and poorly trained staff. The internet was erratic and the slowest "highspeed" that I've ever experienced. The breakfast was good and the kitchen staff was attentive - the front desk staff should take lessons.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landskrona
Orenas Slott
#8 of 20 in Helsingborg
Best Western Hotel Duxiana
Best Western Hotel Duxiana
#6 of 20 in Helsingborg

Been to Hotel Oresund? Share your experiences!