From what we expected to be an excellent venue, we were disappointed from check in, to check out. The attitude to issues was astounding, with a standard reply being "Sorry, I’m not sure what you want me to do about it" Some examples below for you to draw your own conclusions.
• Pre-payment on arrival - disorganised, excessively time consuming (45 mins) and as guests left you with zero leverage to resolve any issues.
• Attempt from receptionists to take payment of the total bill excl the deposit already paid.
• Apt 76 specific issues that remained unresolved throughout stay - foul smell/odour, fan in twin room inoperable (reception notified evening of 24 Aug after check in and reminded on 25 Aug but not replaced), no air con (unexpected for a 'boutique' property, builder arriving Saturday morning next door and being forced to vacate our balcony whilst he built a wall and spread the balcony with masonry chippings.
• Late checkout advertised as 50 euro but upped to 100 euro for apts.
• Check out highly inefficient taking almost 1 hour.
• Late checkout requested at reservation/booking however only provided for Apt 76.
• Faulty lock on gate to apt complex (very difficult to open).
• Overall throughout our stay we were treated poorly and were generally disrespected as customers. The reception staff were discourteous throughout the majority of our dealings and at no point during our stay did we feel valued as customers. Worth noting that many years ago during my time as a student before becoming a well travelled successful businessman I experienced a considerably superior customer service from youth hostels in comparison to your accommodation.
Summary - based on experience to date I will on no account plan to stay at Sisu in the future, and plan to actively discourage any potential future customers from staying at Sisu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a privileged location just one kilometre from the beaches, bars, designer boutiques and restaurants of Puerto Banus which although only a short walk or shorter taxi ride away is far enough for you to relax in peace. The reception is open twenty four hours and secure parking underneath the hotel is complimentary. The hotel has 62 twin-bedded rooms and 2 luxurious themed suites (Moulin Rouge and Scarface). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Sisu Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sisu Boutique Hotel Marbella
- Sisu Boutique Hotel And Spa