Travelled with a bunch of blokes on a weekend stag. I turned up at reception and the first impression was "Christ its a knocking shop"
The red and black studded walls and chinese dragon sculptures raised eyebrows.
As did the desk staff who appeared to have been recruited for their looks and abilty to wear tight dresses rather than efficiency and professionalism.
The muscles bulging tattoed "staff" lurking around in reception appeared to have more in common with a dubious night club than a "boutique" hotel
The rooms were adequate but fairly tastelessly decorated and every room had a SISU painted on the wall in case you forgot where you were. The black nylon duvet covers were Sisu "in a nutshell"
Room and corridor lighting were appaling, how any female guests could put on makeup in the bathrooms is a mystery
The door swipe cards of our group repeatedly failed and needed changing
The food was great. The service from the bar staff was fast and furious and all were friendly and considerate although food bar snack orders were, on one occasion catastrophically wrong and couldn't have got worse unless the waiter tripped and chucked the food over us.
The poolside area is awesome, comfy cool and functional, the jewel in the crown of the hotel but leads on to the bigggest problem with the hotel........The staff and the owners mates seemed to over populate the area and it sometimes felt like they were doing the punters a favour by letting them in to their own personal hotel....
A hotel is for guests not the staff and their mates to swan around on their down time
To conclude, a reasonable hotel with great facilities, it just needs to get the staff up to speed professionally and alter the "Tone" of the place which needs to move from "bank robber" to boutique
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a privileged location just one kilometre from the beaches, bars, designer boutiques and restaurants of Puerto Banus which although only a short walk or shorter taxi ride away is far enough for you to relax in peace. The reception is open twenty four hours and secure parking underneath the hotel is complimentary. The hotel has 62 twin-bedded rooms and 2 luxurious themed suites (Moulin Rouge and Scarface). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Sisu Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sisu Boutique Hotel Marbella
- Sisu Boutique Hotel And Spa