“Worst Service At Any Restaurant Anywhere”
Review of Pravda SL. - CLOSED

Pravda SL.
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: For seven years, Pravda has been setting the standard in contemporary dining on the Costa del Sol. With a unique style, menu and atmosphere, the attention to detail has made this restaurant one of the hottest spots in the region. Located on the front line of the famous marina at Puerto Banus, nestled between the world's most luxurious clothes stores, Pravda has become an internationally renowned restaurant and lively bar. During the summer months, Pravda opens its marina-facing terrace for dining, so that you can enjoy the vibrant environment and exciting views of the bustling port whilst experiencing creative cuisine from around the world. In addition to our comprehensive wine list, Pravda retains a selection of fine champagnes to accompany a pre-dinner appetiser of caviar or oysters, which can be enjoyed at our spirited bar. Booking is essential during the summer.
Washington, United Kingdom
“Worst Service At Any Restaurant Anywhere”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Left message in morning to book restaurant for 8.30pm no reply so I called in at 6pm to confirm booking. The restaurant was empty at that time of night only one guy at reception who had a mobile in his hand. He seen me walking in but decided to make a phone call and make me wait.
We arrived at restaurant in our party of 12 ordered starters and main course. The starters were served at about 9.30 pm but at 10.30 pm we had still not received main course. As we had not received any explanation or excuse I approached manageress basically saying how much longer as we had children in party and some were no longer hungry. I asked her if she would provide us with compensation by giving us a free round of drinks which she agreed.
Meal arrived at 10.50pm but guess what everybody but mine. I eventually got my dish 10 minutes later but had ordered a beef casserole dish which they had hurriedly pan fried and tasted like a shoe.
Still no apology. I love reading trip advisor reports but always think there is two sides to every story. I would love to hear their version!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Harryhilton

“Best restaurant for quality food in PB”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We went here twice during our week stay in PB. The food is to die for and staff are excellent. I have coeliac disease and always worry about eating out. Our waiter thoroughly understood my requirements and made me feel at ease, by confirming that all my food could be altered and made gluten free. The menu is very well though out, fresh and offers different cuisine from around the world. Our favourite was "USA" lobster Thermidor...YUM!! The food is reasonably priced and you get what you pay for. The wine on the other hand, is way over priced! We will definitely be back.

1 Thank Lkm86
New York City, New York
“Taste Buddy”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My kind of flavours. Eclectic menu, discreet service, appetizing presentation, no fuss. Try to get a table on the terrace in the back, lovely view over Banus devoid of passing cars. Dont tell everyone or you wont get a table.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank FussyDiner111
Ramsgate - England
“okay food and rip off wine and bread!”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Used cool deals tokens which were €22 for 3 courses which is half or less of usual prices. Having read previous reviews was aware of the extortionate alcohol prices. But they are tricky - ask what you would like for an aperitif before showing you the wine menu- which you have to ask for. Bread and butters etc given without being ordered €10 for 8 small triangles! Cheapest house red is €28 a bottle which must be 10 times wholesale price! Round the World starter was nice although the only outstanding tapa was the pumpkin soup which was yummy, salmon tartare was a bit tastless and served with a flavoured packet potato crisp. Main course was sea bass and maki which was pretty average. For dessert I had Round the World desserts - nice enough but not amazing (I could have made any of them) . My husband had duck as his main which had a strange taste - I would have sent it back. All in all 4 of us, we paid €88 for vouchers plus €61 for wine, bread and a €5 supplement. So, around €150 for the four of us. Really there are much nicer places to get a better and cheaper meal in Marbella. Also couldn't believe no linen napkins only paper, not what you would really expect in a fine dining restaurant!

• Visited May 2012
Dublin
“Chic and unique”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Really beautifully presented and innovative food.

The mixed starter was superb, enough for 2 people and gave a great flavour from different cuisines around the world. My seabass main course was sublime- very flaky fish with a nice side of wilted spinach and peppers.

My only issue was it was very quiet, absolutely no atmosphere- but it was 8pm on a Sunday night in April. I have been here on a Saturday evening in July and there’s a real buzz out on the terrace. I've been a few times before and will definitely go many times again.

• Visited April 2012