Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay in resort. We spent hours with snorkeling, coral reef is close and very beautiful. Stuff is very friendly and helpful, cuisine is good, but sometimes they don't have everything on a menu. We stayed at conrete bungalow right beside the restaurant, bathroom was big. Room was clean with moskyto net in windows. Bed wasn't good, mattress was very soft - this could be my problem, because i like hard mattress. Sharing beach with Koh Chang visitors after lunch wasn't annoying, in our case it was really fun. The prices are little bit higher, but not too much. I can recommend.

Date of stay: November 2012
4  Thank agnorrrakk
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed at the Pakarang for 10 days in November 2011. We absolutely loved it there. (We wouldn't have left if not for our visa's expiring.)

We stayed the first night in the wooden bungalows, but couldn't take the bugs and overall poor condition of the rooms, so we upgraded to a concrete bungalow, and loved it. It was cleaned daily, the beds were fairly comfy, and we found that all we needed was the fan for sleeping at night, which was great because the a/c is considerably more expensive.

We loved being able to swim and snorkel right in front of the resort. We also liked walking to the neighboring resorts for a snack or meal. The beaches are lovely, and there is a man who works full time trying to keep them clean. Sadly, there is a lot of pollution that constantly washes up on shore, but he tried very hard to keep up with it.

The staff was great, and we ate very well. It was very quiet with very few other guests, so we got to know the staff well. We rented kayaks and went fishing. When we caught some squid, the cook was happy to cook them up for us for supper.

This is not a 5 star resort, so don't expect 5 star accommodation, but considering the relatively low cost, we thought it was great value. We are a family of 4 with children who are 12 & 14 and we all loved this place.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
7  Thank janew494
Reviewed February 24, 2012

À littje paradise on à small island. Good snorkelen and great private beaches where you can be all alone, also between 2 and 4, when loads of daytrippers come to the main beach for good snorkeling. Eating here was also Nice and à lot of choice.

Room tip: Check the location of the generator
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We spent 4 days at Koh Wai Pakarang December 2011. Happy to leave Koh Chang and Lonely Beach to get some peace and quiet we felt great stepping out of the boat at the Pakarang pier. The beach is really beautiful but during the hours when the packed boats with snorkeling tours from Koh Chang arrives (between 1 pm to 4 pm, everyday) I just got annoyed and didn't really know where to go. There's also a lot of sand flies so if you're like me and tend to get a bunch of bites from whatever bugs - soak yourself up in coconut oil and you should be good!

The room we had was a basic bungalow built up on poles and to be honest I never really felt comfortable in there.. The bungalow was moving with us and the walls seemed to be full of living creatures.. Sure enough, the last night we had an encounter with a giant centipede. I've never met a more nasty living thing in my whole life.. (for those of you wondering if it's still gonna be around - no, not that specific one. It got brutally killed!)
I can assure you that after that I was pretty happy to leave.

Anyways, the people working at the resort was treating us well and even though the standard of the food/service didn't always leave us overwhelmed I found it good enough for a few days. We did as many others seems to do, walked over to Paradise to have food (great!) and enjoy the beautiful white beach over there a few times. if you do, make sure to bring a flash light - the path between the resorts gets really dark and you probably want to be able to see where you put your feet.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank moretickets
Reviewed December 15, 2011

This was the journey of my life - I'd just turned 60 - I used all my savings to invite my family on a very nice trip to Thailand.
We arrived as a family of 6 persons in the end of february 2011. We came from another little island, and we saw the water around Koh Wai on our way out to this island. Therefore we desided to go back after some days with lovely beachlife. We met a very kind staff on Pakarang, but unfortunately the could not handle anything without talking in the telephone with somebody in Bangkok. And from then - everything was a disaster. Bugs in the beds, faeces on the walls in the "bathrooms" - many daytourists. Dirty restaurant, even the icebox had black things groving on it. The rooms(we had 4) where nasty, we had to move together, because there where so many bugs in one of the rooms, that we could'nt use it. The food was terrible. Lucky to escape with the first ferry next day, and we vent back to Koh Chang, to try to end our journey in a nice mood. But I cannot reccomend Pakarang actually I would send a warning - NEVER GO THERE! Also it was very hard to get our money (for those two days we did'nt stay there) back.

Date of stay: February 2011