All reviews flotation pool farm village mountain view outdoor shower self catering superior room bedtime story dressing room attention to detail food and wine underfloor heating treatment rooms steam room south africa our honeymoon relaxing weekend top class
Selected filters
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

We went for our wedding anniversary and had a lovely romantic time. Everything is very well run from accommodation bookings to check in to the spa to dinners which are delicious. Rooms are s but old fashioned but I suppose that adds to the charm. Great pictures around the establishment of the farming history. WiFi could be better

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Molly S, Public Relations Manager at Fordoun Spa Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Dear Steve,

Congrats on your wedding anniversary and thank-you for choosing to celebrate such a special occasion at Fordoun.

We are delighted that enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your valued feedback. Guest feedback is always so important to us. The great news regarding rooms; we are working on a décor refurb programme as aware that some areas are needing a little tender loving care.

On behalf of the Fordoun team, we thank-you for your support and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

With much gratitude and warm wishes,
Richard Bates and the Fordoun team

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

This time around we tried the Fordoun Farm, Chalets. We stayed in a dbl storey; 3bedroom self-catering fully serviced chalet. Gorgeous, spacious chalets placed amidst the beautiful nature in the Midlands.
Being at Fordoun always feels like having a 5-Star home away from your home!!
The Spa is always great. Management and Staff go always above and beyond the call of duty. I can only recommend it, but do yourself a favor and stay at least two - three days there, you walk away feeling rejuvenated.
Thank you Fordoun Management and Staff for yet another amazing stay.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Molly S, Guest Relations Manager at Fordoun Spa Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Dear Nina,

My sincere apologies for my belated response to your kind words and valuable feedback. Guest feedback is important to us and we are so delighted your sister's 50th Birthday experience was a special, memorable one!

On behalf of the Fordoun team, we thank-you for your kind support and patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards and thank-you again for your amazing feedback,
Rich Bates and the Fordoun team

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

We spent four days of our visit to the KZN Midlands Meander. Our room was well-appointed and serviced. In the evening this included a “Tuck in” and a bedtime story. The staff was discreet, professional, well-trained and very friendly. I could not fault the kitchen and waitrons.

Fordoun has a peaceful and neat spa, with professional staff and therapists. In my case a full body massage was capped by time in the flotation pool. This is an experience no patron should miss. It was not only rejuvenating, but gave me a sense of calm and self-awareness.

Fordoun Hotel and Spa should be at the top of your list.

Date of stay: May 2019

Dear Dr Costandius,

My sincere apologies for my belated THANK-YOU to you for your kind words and for taking the time to capture your Fordoun Hotel and Spa experience in words.
We are delighted that you enjoyed yourselves and felt rejuvenated after your stay.

On behalf of the Fordoun team, we thank-you for your support and look forward to welcoming you back!

With much gratitude and best wishes,
Richard Bates and the Fordoun team

Reviewed April 24, 2019

I visited with my team (10 people) for a romantic photo-shoot & spa treatment. Upon arrival we were greeted by their very friendly staff and they assisted us with checking in and showed us our rooms. This place is naturally romantic and charming. They have endless and lush grounds. There are cows grazing and a little pond on their property.

Late in the afternoon, it was time for our spa treatment. The spa is clean and calming inside. I did not want to leave,I wanted to keep adding on treatments,that's how good the staff are. I kept falling asleep during my pedicure :)

Dinner time was the best. After the evening shoot we were allocated our own dining area. We ordered food we were not quite sure about and when the food was returned back to the kitchen, the manager was worried and came to check on us and even offered that we select something else. Well we didn't because it was our fault...

The food was sooo good, not to mention their three flavours ice cream which includes beetroot ice-cream, yep :) You should try it.

The rooms are beautiful and homely and we each got a bed time story to read before bedtime.

Overall I would definitely visit Fordoun again.

Date of stay: April 2019
Molly S, Public Relations Manager at Fordoun Spa Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

To our valued guest,

A BIG thank-you to you from all of us at Fordoun for your wonderful feedback and so enjoyed hosting such a fun crowd. Thank-you for your wonderful feedback and hope your photoshoot was a great success!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead!

Warm Fordoun regards,
Molly

Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

Loved our stay at Fordoun and so impressed with the attention to detail, beautiful setting, wonderful staff where nothing is a problem to organize, delicious cuisine, etc and look so forward to our next visits!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
RichardB9009, Owner at Fordoun Spa Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2019

Hi Monikikki

Thank you so much for staying with us on such special occasion.
Great that we will be seeing you again.

Kind regards