“lovely place to stay!!!!”

Old Radnor Barn B&B
Ranked #1 of 7 Talgarth B&B and Inns
Chichester, United Kingdom
“lovely place to stay!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

my partner and i stayed here back in november for our anniversary. Although it was out of season we were looked after extremely well and had an absolutely lovely time. The food was magnificent a cooked breakfast both mornings at the time specified and we were always greeted with a warm and friendly smile. The room was extremely clean and very cosey and the bathroom was exceptional too. Great information book in the room so we knew where to go and what to do. We are definitely going to come back this year and this time bring our little girl.

Thank you for everything we felt so welcome and had a great time the chocolates and bottle of wine that greeted us after our horseriding was a lovely gesture and we enjoyed both.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Andover, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

My 3 friends and I booked our stay a few weeks beforehand. I found the service over the telephone very pleasant with a good understanding of what was available for mountain bikers. On arrival we were welcomed by the owners who again were very helpful. Old Radnor Barn is situated in a beautiful setting very very close to the bike tracks on offer. The room was perfect, very clean and tidy and kept that way by the owners throughout our two night stay. As soon as we returned from our bikes ride we were offered a hose to clean the bikes with. I would highly recomend this place to stay in, great people and nice and tidy. Fantastic quality breakfast and accompanying coffee. I will stay here again when I return for more biking this way.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Welshpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed for one night after delivering a training event in the evening. Friendly welcome / the owners were really nice. Bedroom was spotless and comfortable. The only downside was it did feel a bit cold. Tried to turn up the radiator but temperature stayed the same, however the bed was comfy and presented really nice. Unfortunately I had to leave early in the morning so I missed breakfast which was a shame as the menu looked really good. I would stay here again if I was in the area. PS, it maybe worth you asking for directions before you go as I had difficulty finding the place and my Sat Nav was about 1 mile out!

Room Tip: Had trouble finding the location. Sat Nav was about a mile out. Suggestion - ask for directions befo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Well I'd booked weeks in advance and received confirmation emails. I'd even emailed that morning confirming my expected arrival time but when I turned up they were not expecting me till the next night! The owner was helpful and welcoming but this was a huge error on their behalf with no real apology.
As a result and despite having booked one in advance there was no evening meal available for me. I asked directions to local pubs/restaurants that served food but they didn't know of any that served food. I later found that in Talgarth there is one pub serving excellent Thai food and another with an attached fish and chip shop that serves you your food and lets you eat it next door in the pub with a pint! I ended up with a cold pastie from the local shop!
The next night I sat down for my evening meal. Other reviews on here talk about excellent meals and a choice of home made puddings. I was served liver and onions with mashed potatoes, peas and sprouts! Not my idea of the sort of food to be served in a B&B, in fact I tend not to buy offal anywhere! As for the choice of deserts, well it was apple crumble and custard or apple crumble and custard - not a choice at all.
The room was spacious and comfy with wi-fi and a TV with DVD, a kettle and tea making facilities.The bed was a double but it was not the most comfortable bed I have slept in and the pillows lacked in support.
The three breakfasts I had were hearty and excellent, but they don't make up for the lack of service elsewhere. Next time I'm down this way I will not be staying here but will try some of the other establishments in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank karl j
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a brilliant B&B in a very convenient location to Brecon, Hay-on-Wye and local walks and bike routes. Talgarth Mill was brilliant to visit, very reasonable entry costs, personal tour, fab cafe, less than 5 minutes walk away. We spent over 2 hours visiting and I even ground my own flour. Well recommended. This was one of the best weekends away we have ever had.
Steve and Lynne were both very friendly and attentive, and happy to recommend places to visit. The breakfasts were wonderful, recommend the eggy bread and full breakfast.
The B&B was very clean, tidy and tastefully decorated. It felt like a home away from home. We stayed in the Sunflower room. I expected a double bed but this one consisted of 2 twin beds together. I should have been disappointed but actually the room was so beautiful that it didn't matter too much.
Only bad point was that the room was a bit cold at night, due to it having 3 external walls, being 7 degrees celsius, and the heating going off a bit early. An electric heater was included though so we put this on and that solved the problem, no big deal.
We had a fantastic stay and would love to come again. Their website does it justice and I found it tricky to read through (perhaps some work could be done to improve this as it initially put me off - fortunately the tripadvisor reviews changed my mind).
Thank you for having us.

Room Tip: Sunflower Room is a bit chilly in autumn/winter so if you choose this room but the electric fan on f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were looking for somewhere to spend a quiet & relaxing weekend to recharge our batteries and we couldn't have asked for a better place in which to do this. The accomodation was lovely and spacious, located in lovely scenery, our only regret being that we hadn't packed our walking gear ro take advantage of it. The owners were very friendly and the cooked breakfast excellent. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart M
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Myself and 4 friends stayed at Old Radnor Barn for 3 nights on a mountain biking break. We had such a brilliant time mountain biking but was made all the better knowing that every evening we would come back to a warm and friendly atmosphere. The family room was spacious and the beds were made up every evening with new towels and even our used clothes were folded up and put on the bed. Stephen and Lynne were very hospitable and friendly. Lynne made up pack lunches every morning and the full welsh breakfast was superb. Unfortunately, the shed was being used so we could not lock our bikes in there but there was a pergola we used as cover for our bikes and made sure we had plenty of cycle locks.
I would definitely recommend Old Radnor Barn to any one. Lovely
Chris P.

Room Tip: The family room has one double bed and 2 singles. Also has a sofa bed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Talgarth
The Three Cocks Coaching Inn
#5 of 44 in Brecon
The Castle Hotel
The Castle Hotel
#3 of 7 in Talgarth

Been to Old Radnor Barn B&B? Share your experiences!