Casa Picaflores
$140
$130
Official Site
  • Pool
Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn(Luquillo)(Great Value!)
$100
$227
Hilton.com
Ocean Pearl(Luquillo)
$115
$248
$178
  • Pool
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
$167
Hix Island House(Isla de Vieques)
  • Breakfast included
Melia Coco Beach(Rio Grande)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsnatural poolla cabanahot tubthe ownerfruitpuerto ricoel yunquefridge was stockedfull kitchenbeautiful propertymountain streamcoffee maker with coffeeexotic animalstropical paradiseseven yearslonger stayslice of heaven
Reviewed January 23, 2013

After a conference in San Juan, my boyfriend and I wanted to get out of the city for a little vacation time. We found Casa Picaflores online, it looked amazing, and the reality was even better! It is part B&B, part ecolodge. The accomodations are very clean and comfortable, while still feeling almost like camping. We stayed in La Cabana and absolutely loved the open air sleeping and the outdoor shower. The coqui frog songs lull you to sleep at night after watching lizards hunt moths along the cabin walls. There are banana trees around the hammock, and up the hill are star fruit trees. We had some visiting frogs in the shower. The swimming pool is flow-through spring water made from natural rock and feels like you've found a swimming hole in the forest. Barbara is an enthusiastic and attentive hostess, who makes an unforgettable and made-to-order breakfast (with Puerto Rican coffee!). She is full of recommendations for nearby attractions and food. We did a great hike in the El Yunque forest (out of Rio Sabana just up the hill) without seeing any other people on a holiday (MLK b-day), and then enjoyed a nearly empty beach outside Humacao, all within 30 minutes drive of Casa Picaflores. There is also easy access to more developed vacation options, too, like a guided hike and more populated beaches. We typically stuffed ourselves with the hearty breakfast, grabbed something in town for lunch (or had trail snacks), and ate food from the Nuguabo supermarkets at La Cabana for dinner. We also had fresh bananas and star fruit straight off the Casa Picaflores trees every day. There is a fridge and coffee maker, but no microwave in the room, so we had cold foods for dinner. There is a cute restaurant called Noellia's just up the hill that was unfortunately closed during our stay, and restaurants in Rio Blanco, Naguabo, and Humacao nearby. We stayed 3 nights, and we left reluctantly. This whole paradise was 1/2 the price of the big resort hotels in San Juan and 10 times the experience.

Room Tip: groups more than 2 need La Villa. 1-2 people choose between La Casita (more standard little cottage) or La Cabana (open air cabin).
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank am918
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Casa Picaflores....is a vacation .....for Family,Couples,or Solo, "me solo" I love The Stress Free Porperty. Beautiful For Healing Stress; Family Stress,Solo Stress,I left Stress Free...W Peace, and Energy!!! W all need a vacation @ Casa Picaflor....I be back soon @ Picaflores PS.Help dogs or Will..THANK U Barbara...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank NjAlexander_O
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I cannot put into words how magical this place is. We didn't want to leave, my husband and I had such a magical time together. It was quite charming and very romantic! We enjoyed every minute we were there, love the natural swimming pool. We stayed in even with the rain, Love it!!!
Staying at La Cabaña at Casa Picaflores was the best part of our weekend in Puerto Rico. Thank you, Barbara for sharing your paradise with us and all your attentions with us. God bless you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Herme G
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My friend and I stayed at Casa Picaflores for five days last month, it was magical! Very private and peaceful, the tree frogs singing at night was very tranquil. The property is beautiful and the room very charming. Barbara was very attentive to our needs and is a wonderful, caring person, plus a great cook! It was so nice to stay in the rainforest, but be very close to the beaches as well. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lillian c
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Ok so I find myself a pretty outdoorsy and adventurous person but the bugs in our room were too much to tolerate. We couldn't sleep until I was forced to finally drugged myself. When I woke up I was covered in insect bits on my face.

The property itself is beautiful and the frogs croaking at night give you a romantic feeling of sleeping outside. Barbara is a fantastic hostess. She cooked us a terrific gourmet breakfast.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple