“AWESOME B & B”
Review of Casa Flamboyant

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Naguabo
Casa Flamboyant
Ranked #1 of 4 Naguabo B&B and Inns
Redington Shores, Florida
“AWESOME B & B”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We just returned from Puerto Rico and had the most wonderful accommodations at the Casa Flamboyant Bed & Breakfast. Shirley’s genuine personality helps you to feel welcome from the moment you open the garden door and are greeted by her and her very friendly dogs . She goes above expectations to make you feel as if you are a long lost friend rather than a stranger she has just met. Shirley ensured that we had a full pot of coffee every morning even though we were the only ones drinking it; sat with us and, after listening to what we wanted to do, she provided awesome recommendations. We are hikers and on her multiple acres, Shirley’s property has 2 waterfalls with great pools to swim in. Be careful though, the trails down and up will give you a work out! Quite a challenge to these Floridian flatlanders!. Going beyond being a great “hostess”, when I lost my glasses on one of the trails to the waterfalls, Shirley called me when I got home, explaining that they were found and that she would mail them back to us as quickly as possible. Our only regret was not planning to spend more time there. This was a tropical paradise!

Room Tip: Small B & B with oustanding service !!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed April 8, 2012

loved, loved, loved this place. amazing location perched on the top of a hill overlooking the rain forest. views out to the ocean when it's clear, and to 3 waterfalls. hiking trails right from the guesthouse take you deep into the rainforest with enormous green plants and gushing waterfalls and swimming holes. I was amazed that I was just minutes from my bedroom, I felt like I was Indiana Jones in the jungle :)

the place has so much character, and the rooms are really well decorated. I was upgraded to the Rainbow Room due to a last minute cancellation, and I would *highly* recommend it. you're in a stand alone building overlooking the rainforest, and have your own patio. you can hear SO many sounds at night-- coqui frogs and so many birds. incredible experience. the rooms were clearly decorated with care, beautiful art work and gorgeous furniture. it was pouring rain for my 2 days here, and I loved hiking in the rain and then cuddling up with a book inside or on the covered patio.

the owner Shirley is lovely-- a pleasure to talk with and really helpful, a Chicago native and great person. listen to her recommendation to go to the local bar/ restaurant Noelia's a bit down the mountain-- you'll meet lots of locals and Noelia is really friendly. it was one of my favorite parts of my trip.

the only negative for me was that Shirley has 3 dogs that are very interactive. I really don't like dogs, and was kind of hoping that Shirley would call the dogs away from me when they would lick my leg or poke their noses on me, but she generally let them do whatever they wanted. I ended up having just one pair of pants that I would wear when in the main house that the dogs had already gotten dirty, because I didn't have that many clothes with me and didn't want to get dog smell on all of my clothes.

other than that, it was really really amazing. this was honestly one of my favorite parts of my 2 week trip to puerto rico.

Room Tip: do the Rainbow Room!!! it's really amazing. you're in a stand alone building on the edge of...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank sunnyday888
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This B and B was the perfect compliment to our stay in the area. My wife and I stayed one night at Casa Picaflores down the mountain, and then one night at the Flamboyant. After thoroughly enjoying our stay in the jungle, it was absolutely thrilling to travel further up the mountain and be swept away by the views here. The house is beautiful and affords many spots to sit in privacy and just take it all in. For those who are somewhat sure-footed, the property is quite expansive and there is a private path down from the house to the mountain stream. Imagine cascading falls over rocks and swimming holes abound. All in absolute privacy. Shirley is the consummate hostess: friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. She made a delicious breakfast and pointed us the direction of some great trails just inside the park, only about a quarter mile up the road. When staying here or anywhere nearby, do yourself a favor and eat at Noelia's restaurant for a true taste of local home-cooked cuisine and colorful characters! The Rio Blanco bakery at the bottom of the mountain also serves fabulous sandwiches and baked goods for a great lunch. Shirley does have three dogs, who are very fun and sweet, and at least one will accompany you down to the river! Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Staying at Casa Flamboyant made a quick getaway from New York the vacation of a lifetime. We stayed in the "Forever and Ever" room which was perfectly appointed and wonderfully peaceful and private. I've never seen views like that. EVER! Getting up in the morning and walking out onto the veranda and seeing the expansive views of the waterfall and el Yunque mountain was like something out of a movie. Shirley, the owner, started us off with a healthy and delicious breakfast, always beginning with fresh tropical fruits, fruit juice, coffee and then something different everyday like eggs or pancakes or quiche. (I got her recipe for quiche which is divine!!!!)

Shirley recommended different day trips to wonderful little towns off the beaten path. We ended up asking her every morning there after where we should go.

We found out about Casa Flamboyant and the "Forever and Ever" room through friends who had stayed there 4 or 5 years ago and still go on and on and on about it. We finally got to experience it for ourselves and now WE are going on and on and on about it. What a wonderful place to come home to after exploring different destinations on the island. We said that next time we would spend one whole day at Casa Flamboyant because if there is a paradise, this is it. Thank you Shirley for everything! (Including the hiking sneakers!)

Room Tip: Forever and Ever room
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 24, 2012

It has been a couple years since I stayed at Casa Flamboyant and I've been enthusiastically recommending it to every one of my friends who want to visit PR. The view is staggeringly beautiful and the quiet relaxation is hard to match. When we arrived, Shirley was having a small birthday gathering with her friends and graciously invited us to join in the conversation and great food. As a host, she is warm, thoughtful and friendly but we also had a lot of privacy most of the day. Definitely take a guided hike to see the old railroad tracks and swim under the beautiful waterfalls. I've traveled to many places since that trip and Casa Flamboyant remains one of my fondest vacation memories.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed January 21, 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights at Casa Flamboyant. Shirley is an amazing hostess and her breakfasts were fantastic! We arrived late in the evening and awoke to amazing views from the Rainbow Room...a nice, large room. Our first full day there was rainy and a bit cool, so we took advantage of the time to relax, read, watch movies, etc. The second day was gorgeous, so we did a day hike along the "water pipe" trail. Shirley was great with suggestions for local activities...she even arranged a biobay kayak tour and recommended "La Estacion" restaurant in Fajardo for dinner. Overall, this was wonderfully relaxing place to stay and we're so appreciative of Shirley's hospitality. Would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a secluded place to just relax and enjoy beautiful surroundings!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jbtraveler_1
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We got in after dark Thursday night and had no problem settling in, the coqui reminded us we were in the forest and gave us nice background music to go to sleep to. Friday morning was nice and lazy, we had breakfast, played with Shirleys six month old dog emo and got some great pictures. We had a guided tour of El Yunque with Robin Phillips who is a great character, he knows his stuff. One of our party has trouble walking several miles at a time and Robin let him make the pace, it was a very pleasant day trip. We had dinner at Noelias which is just down the road from Casa Flamboyant the food was great, from what we gathered Shirley helped come up with the menu, if you do decide to eat here be forewarned you will be dining with lizards and a very friendly dog called Tomas, this is not a place the health department visits, it is wonderful. we made a day trip into Guvata for lechone (roast pig) that was well worth the trip down the mountain we ate at twin brothers which is around KM 24 it will be on the right. Casa Flamboyant is a great place to stay and we will be back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RLPJR_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naguabo
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Casa Cubuy Ecolodge
Casa Cubuy Ecolodge
#3 of 4 in Naguabo

Been to Casa Flamboyant? Share your experiences!